Sponsored by:

plz help pulley question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plz help pulley question

hi guys
i was wondering if any one could help me to solve my little problem with my c5 vette.
every once in a while the engine would shake a little while running in neutral.
i noticed that the main ud pulley is kinda wobbleing form side to side. noticibly like its out of balance and makes a squeaking noice sounds like a bad belt or tentioner, i changed that, same problem
so i figured all that squeaking is from pulley wobbleing and causing the belt to make noise.
i brought the car to mechanic( stupid guy) told me everything looks fine.
now my question is if the pulley is wobbleing can i still drive the car or it can cause damage to the crank bearings? how serious should i take that problem,
because in order to change the pulley the whole steering rack and pinion has to come off, and thats alot of work.

any suggestions would be greatly apreciated
thanks.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is not too hard to get to the pulley. unbolt the rack and move over to the pass wheel well. would not continue driving car until the pulley is checked
Old 04-28-2005, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with "smask04c5", I would NOT "would not continue driving car until the pulley is checked"
we had like problem with ASP pulley on son's Y2K 5.3, ASP was great to help , replaced pulley and paid for return shipping
good luck, Johnny