Sponsored by:

dropped a valve and scarred Cyl #3 Looking for a Short block

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy dropped a valve and scarred Cyl #3 Looking for a Short block

Hi everyone,
Im in search of some guidance, I had put a H/C package that included PP stage II 5.3 L heads and a TSP 228 cam, well the car did not even got to see 8K miles in this set up and I did not get a chance to go to the track to test it out.
I have contacted PP and told them that the valve broke and it got lodged inside the chamber of the head but that it chewed up the plug and the cylinder in my block. they told me to send it to them and they will either fix the problem or send me a new replacement. Gunner seemed to be a nice fellow to deal with and to talk to, so far I am happy to say that they are trying to do whats right for me.
anyhow here is some more information on the carnage
-the valve springs did not brake, it was the valve that let loose at the point were the reatainer is set (top part)
also the valves seemed to be weak because they appeared as if someone had hammered the top of the valve, so I dont know whats up with that.
- as of now I am in search for a new short block with forged internals but dont know what is the best deal out there, please let me know what you guys think. so far I am looking and considering the one from FLP but I have not yet made up my mind.
---SPONSERS please Email me with information on a deal and all that is included to weight my options---

another question is if there are any rockers that are just a bolt on and dont require any mod to the Valve covers?

thanks for looking
Old 05-18-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LPE had a deal going a while back for a 347(i think)shortblock with forged pistons for 2100.00 plus core charge.i wish i had the money i would buy one.sorry to hear about your motor,that sucks.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I can make you a deal on a forged short block.This is not the first case of a Patriot valve failure.The valves used in the Patriot heads seem inferior to other quality valves (ferrea,rev,manley,ect....).When you build a new shortblock,please request a quality valve and this will not happen again.Harland sharp rockers are just a bolt-on rocker,no mods to the valve cover.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a ls6 shortblock with 7500 miles on it that i'll let go. PM me if interested.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 98hc4mula
Hi everyone,
Im in search of some guidance, I had put a H/C package that included PP stage II 5.3 L heads and a TSP 228 cam, well the car did not even got to see 8K miles in this set up and I did not get a chance to go to the track to test it out.
I have contacted PP and told them that the valve broke and it got lodged inside the chamber of the head but that it chewed up the plug and the cylinder in my block. they told me to send it to them and they will either fix the problem or send me a new replacement. Gunner seemed to be a nice fellow to deal with and to talk to, so far I am happy to say that they are trying to do whats right for me.
anyhow here is some more information on the carnage
-the valve springs did not brake, it was the valve that let loose at the point were the reatainer is set (top part)
also the valves seemed to be weak because they appeared as if someone had hammered the top of the valve, so I dont know whats up with that.
- as of now I am in search for a new short block with forged internals but dont know what is the best deal out there, please let me know what you guys think. so far I am looking and considering the one from FLP but I have not yet made up my mind.
---SPONSERS please Email me with information on a deal and all that is included to weight my options---

another question is if there are any rockers that are just a bolt on and dont require any mod to the Valve covers?

thanks for looking
Call us as well as Chuck has two 346 inch shortblocks for sale right now and we also have 408s as well.