Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if you had to choose one what would it be??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 02:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by transAm-98
blowers are a little pricey, but that's where the big power is at. however you can still make more than enough power with h/c to spank most the cars on the street. plus the sound bonus of a h/c car. pesonaly i think a H/C car is meaner than a blower. however if Kenne Bell ever finishes their blower for LSx's, i might i have to change my mind ( i think prochargers are lacking in the torque department). you can't beat that twin screw wine.
Yes and "Big Power" equals built motor. If we are talking stock bottom end right down to the rod bolts then H/C all the way spinning in the range of 6500-6700. There is not an H/C package out there that can touch a built car with say an F1 blower, but the stock bottom end H/C cars are right there with the stock bottom end blower cars with the right package. The plus on the blower side would be drivablity though I did not consider that previously.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could always do heads and cam first with larger combustion chambers then add the blower. Blower first is nice, but when you want to do the heads you will have to take it all apart again. Like some have said, the blower will make more power initially than a h/c car, especially dropping your compression on the heads, but in the long run if a blower is going to be added anyway you would be better off.
This is exactly true except for the fact that the compression would be slightly less initially if you run a blower, alternatively just a h/c car wouldn't need much of a difference in compression.