Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F13 with PRC's

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks gomer, just measured mine and they came out to exactly 1.61. Damn, after flycutting I was kinda hoping they were milled, since the only reason I got them unmilled is so I wouldn't have to.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f-bodman
Thanks gomer, just measured mine and they came out to exactly 1.61. Damn, after flycutting I was kinda hoping they were milled, since the only reason I got them unmilled is so I wouldn't have to.
Damn, that's strange. I'm doing a set next week that have been milled .020 with a F13 114+2, I'm going to measure the P/V on it to see if I'm going to have to flycut. I'll post up what I find out.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by f-bodman
Well may run into some trouble after all. I am going to drive to Futral for the install. Do they check the clearance on all installs, by request, or only if they think its necessary. Don't get me wrong I KNOW that they know what they are doing but I am just curious.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01tam6
Well may run into some trouble after all. I am going to drive to Futral for the install. Do they check the clearance on all installs, by request, or only if they think its necessary. Don't get me wrong I KNOW that they know what they are doing but I am just curious.
Futral is a top notch shop and I'm sure they will check and double check everything on the car and make sure it is set up right before you get it back, regardless of what they have to do to it.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gomer
Damn, that's strange. I'm doing a set next week that have been milled .020 with a F13 114+2, I'm going to measure the P/V on it to see if I'm going to have to flycut. I'll post up what I find out.
Cool, if you could check the valve drop at TDC I would greatly appreciate it, I just want to know if my heads really are different from what other people are using and that would be a good indicator. If those heads are the same as mine, after they've been milled .020 the valve drop should be ~.105.