Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam help

OK well before i leave for the army i am thinking about purchasing an 02 ws6. I know i want to make this car into a procharged beast but i wont have the money for a while. I am wanting to get a pretty aggressive cam so i can make some nice power but i am wondering what mods should i get to get every horse out of the cam. I hear headers and intake are great. Thanks for your help
Old 06-21-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to supercharge it or turbo, or nitrous get the FM-9 from www.futralmotorsports.com If you are going to stay N/A get the F-14 on a 112LSA. If you want to go custom get in contact with allen at futral.

If you want supporting mods It depends on budget. Unlimited Budget: Get AFR 205 heads, Fast 90mm Intake w/Nick Williams 90mm TB, pulley, QTP headers w/high velocity merge collectors, sweet thunder true duals (or whatever sound you like)

If you are on a budget: PRC stg 2.5 5.3L heads, LS6 Intake w/ported TB, pulley, Pacesetter headers (best of with QTP or KOOK's thouhg), sweet thunder true duals (or whatever sound you like)

As with anything else get suspension and drivetrain upgrades to put the power to the ground. This is just for the engine.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah well i was just going to wait to get the F/I stuff and get it at a local shop later down the road. So if you were going to spend 2-3k on some bang-for-your buck parts what would you do? i wanna be able to have a mean sounding Daily driver