Sponsored by:

something is wrong with my engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
Originally Posted by SLED28
I did not build the motor. Leave me out of it.
That's not what you told me last year before you left the shop.
So which one is the lie... now or last year ?
One more or one less doesn't make a difference anymore.
And fwiw, I never doubted the build itself... and that's not even the point.
And since it wasn't you, then who built the Engine ???
If you can't provide a name, I call .
Now I'm really tempted to post last year's emails to prove you wrong since you told me you were building the engine yourself and that it was the last one before you left the shop... I even thanked you for it, and blah-blah-blah.

Also, what I find intriguing is that from a message you sent me, is that ARE were fully aware of the leakdown test results, and I was lied to and told several times that the engine is fine, including when I was there in person on thursday 14-July-2005.
I hear the engine had one cylinder that was 36% leakdown when cold... But we checked it warm also and it was all in the 20% range. Warm engine temp is a accurate way to test it.
Did your shop test it cold or warm? But either way it is still screwed up. I found out a few guys knew it wasn't 100% but I guess with all our mis-communication in here, it didn't get to the office properly and then to you properly. the floor guys must have assumed the customer told our office staff to leave it for now??? Not sure. i don't think we would have been able to even touch the motor for awhile since we're so busy.
So why would anyone straight out lie to me more than once about the #s and tell me that engine is "perfect" ?
Which one is it ????
same thing goes for who built the engine... was it you and you are lying now, or you lied last year telling me it was you.
I find it weird that you jump fast @ saying you didn't build the motor while no results were out yet, and I didn't know what I was facing.... seems like someone did.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=Eugenio_SS]results are out:
The list is exhaustive so stick with me... gee... don't even know where to start.
  • rod-bearings are detonated to death, at least 1 has copper exposed through it.
  • rod-bearings have no shamfer, and are hitting the radius on the crankshaft.
  • bores in the block are tappered 0.003"... too big in the bottom.
  • there is 0.008" piston to wall distance, too much considering the spec for this is to be under 0.005". pistons are dammaged, and need replacement.
    I need a new block
  • cam is not a custom grind cam with different specs than I was supposed to get... I have a LG-cam G5X-3, not the 242/248 .610/.613 111 LSA I was quoted and charged.
  • Connecting rods appear to be Ohio-rods, not Diamond
  • Crank is in fact an Eagle 4" stroke and pistons are indeed the Diamond pistons w/ flat-top.
    I got a 385 in there, at least
  • heads, they are not LS6 aluminum heads as I paid for... they are Patriot 6.0 l. heads welded to make fit w/ Patriot Golds springs... valves are not out yet, but looks like 2.055"
  • each head has a problem with 1 valve/head... tip where rocker meets is missing.
  • stock LS1 gaskets ... how the hell is one supposed to run a direct-port nitrous on an stock gasket ???
  • bone-stock single LS1 timing-chain... I paid for a double-on... how can one degree the cam properly ?
  • rear-main seal is leaking as well.
[QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune! It really sucks to pay for something and in return receive something completely different. This would be ground for fraud charges. What most of these speed shops/tuners don't realize is that if you screw one customer he or she will make sure to warn and tell everyone about their experience. Now a happy customer will spread good news, but not at the same rate when your fueled by anger and deceit.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Eugenio, i guess your not a man of your word. I am trying to help you but you slap me in the face.
Thanks a lot for your compliment, greatly appreciated. and why would I not be a man of my word ?
There is a lot of info I know that I'm divulgating, because it's not needed and unethical... I'm just sticking to the facts... and how I feel while the facts get shown.
I'm meeting w/ Frankie tomorrow morning and hopefully we can work things out. I want to speak face to face and explain EVERYTHING in details.
Where I work, there is no room for lies, and if I screwed up this bad, my head wuold roll... and I would be out of a job... that's the reality, man.
People have to start taking responsibility for their words, actions.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Eugenio, i guess your not a man of your word. I am trying to help you but you slap me in the face.
my word is something I respect and has value... please reconsider the way you speak to me.
Not only , but now am a man with no word
Old 07-21-2005, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did someone from ARE just accuse someone ELSE of not being a man of their word? Check the temps in hell, I think there's ice.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:17 PM
FormerVendor

Eugenio, I say that because of you posting a private message. Other then that you are a great guy and very understanding, I know this, thats why I am shocked. I would like to explain this on PM or email, but its not very private apparently so I will just keep my mouth shut and read on
Old 07-21-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the post didn't have much in it, except proof that you guys were aware of the problem and someone decided to hide it from me... feel free to talk with me privately... you even have access to phone #, if you want.
Still baffled and saddened by this whole ordeal... I paid for an engine, lost 2 seasons of race, and am left with a scratched crank and good rods. what hurts me the most is the lies that kept on building, and I kept on believing on 2nd chances.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:24 PM
FormerVendor

Like I said it was a miscomunication thing as far as I can see. I don't have access to the office and customer numbers. Frankie is on his way about 5min ago....

the post didn't have much in it, except proof that you guys were aware of the problem and someone decided to hide it from me... feel free to talk with me privately... you even have access to phone #, if you want.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sled, I've never met you, nor have I delt with ARE as a company. However, I have met Eugenio and I consider him a friend of mine. Now before you assume I'm going to blindly jump to a friend's defense, I want you to consider the fact that I would not consider Eugenio such a friend if I had any doubt in his integrity and honesty.

It pains me to see that in a time where all the employees of ARE should stand together and rise to meet the grave nature of this situation, you are very insistant that you have had absolutely nothing to do with any of this... especially when you were not blamed in the first place. Furthermore, to point a finger at Eugenio and claming dishonesty is absurd. ARE has obviously had issues with supplying the correct information to Eugenio, and quite possibly internally. From the looks of it, at least one employee had to have known that the numbers were not correct.

Whether you like it or not, and whether or not you were involved with the problem, remember that you are an employee of ARE and therefore a representative... for both good and bad.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, here are some pix of what I'm facing.
Please discard the pix on the clutch... I just need a new clutch.
http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/temp/...385/Page1.html

Also note that I spoke with Frankie today, and it was nice to see him again and be able to talk things over in details.
I'm really glad that he's taking the good steps to make things right, and above all, he's restructuring to make sure this kind of thing never happens again... I'm really glad for that, since I'm a believer that people should take responsibility for their words/actions.
Having said that, I will not reveal the details of the settlement which will happen shortly... it's a private matter between Autoworks and myself, but I'm glad the issue will be solved and I'll be up and racing soon.

Thanks a lot for your patience and sorry for the long post.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:35 AM
On The Tree

Somethings just never change.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Having said that, I will not reveal the details of the settlement which will happen shortly... it's a private matter between Autoworks and myself, but I'm glad the issue will be solved and I'll be up and racing soon.

Thanks a lot for your patience and sorry for the long post.
If it is a private matter between you and ARE then why are there two pages of this post? Also, I would be very hesitant to post ANYTHING positive about this until the matter is completely resolved...and I speak from experience.

Good luck,
Old 07-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

GOFAST: I assure you & the rest, things do change. I'll prove that with the new crew.

Frankie
Old 07-25-2005, 05:23 AM
8 Second Club

A new crew?
Old 07-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

ANDRE: Just a little re-structuring, don't panic....;}
Old 07-26-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pissin MAD
GOFAST: I assure you & the rest, things do change. I'll prove that with the new crew.

Frankie
LMAO, and how many times have we heard that when it relates to ARE. Hmm, lets see how many times have ARE employees said that things were going to turn around:

1) Wade saying it...
2) Nick saying it...
3) Pete saying it...
4)And now you?

Please, there are enough honest, competent LS1 shops around now that the members of this site and the LS1 population in general do not need to waste their time or their money with the disaster that was/is ARE.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Phate
LMAO, and how many times have we heard that when it relates to ARE. Hmm, lets see how many times have ARE employees said that things were going to turn around:

1) Wade saying it...
2) Nick saying it...
3) Pete saying it...
4)And now you?

Please, there are enough honest, competent LS1 shops around now that the members of this site and the LS1 population in general do not need to waste their time or their money with the disaster that was/is ARE.
PM is on the way Scott
Old 07-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Message sent
Old 07-30-2005, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

Eugenio, you got seriously screwed on that engine.. I'm talking HARDCORE FUCKED!! I would not be getting my hopes up on anything from ARE until it is in hand and verified with my own 2 eyes.. If I were you, I'd be "PISSIN MAD"..

Quick question tho.. Did they use any lube when they bent you over??
Old 08-03-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no lube... and still no light on any settlement. wtf ????