Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IF you bought PRC heads or are considering it.. CHECK THIS OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 02:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im drunk as **** right now, but even i know those #'s suck!
Old 07-16-2005, 02:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I went with Absolute Speed heads over the patriots back when Jay did a 1400.00 dollar GP, glad i did, sucks he did a "ninja vanish"... however, there is a guy here with patriots that is in the 11's on motor with a mild cam and most bolt on's, deep 10's with a little spray. I guess they can be hit or miss. Im sorry to hear about your findings, my suggestion is to contact TSP and see what they can do for you. Those guys always come through. If nothing then maybe T.E.A can clean them up for you??
GL,
Scoobs
Old 07-16-2005, 03:04 AM
TECH Addict

Stick with proven heads. AFR or TEA are probably the way to go unless you get PRC from Futral or TSP, all great people to deal with!! they get my business!
Nino

Last edited by ninobrn99; 07-16-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that. What type of numbers were they supposed to put down?

Oh yea, how much did it cost you to have them flowed, and were do you find a shop to do that for you. I have a sent of Absolute Speed stage 2 5.7 heads,and im wondering what they flow.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:20 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
Terry at Racetech speed can also do a set of stockers to match those of the PRC's but if you can get in touch with him, congrats!!! I wish he was better at communication otherwise he'd have gotten at least 500 off of me alone, but not responding to pm's, emails, or phone calls made me stop dealin with him. now i need to find a new sponsor to deal with that is reliable. Stick wtih proven heads. AFR or TEA are probably the way to go unless you get PRC from Futral or TSP, all great people to deal with!! they get my business!
Nino
Correct me if I am wrong, but PRC are all CNC'd on the same machine, with the same program (maybe its been updated but thats not the point)? That program being developed by Terry? So why then, would it be safer to buy from Futral or TSP over anyone esle? Confused on that part. PRC are nothing more than Patriots PERIOD. Yes they are a different named CNC head, with a different program, but still a low budget, and suspect quality, ported stock head. My best guess is just like there are freak LS1s putting down 330rwhp totally stock, there are some freak heads that actually ******* flow!
FWIW, my car is one Scoobie is talking about.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:20 AM
10 Second Club

Wow, I have to say I'm very shocked! The heads seem to be making great power, but they need to flow better than that. Contact Jason or Trevor and I'm positive they will take care of you! They are good folks!
Old 07-16-2005, 03:27 AM
TECH Addict

Jason is a kick *** dude!! i just delt with him yesterday!!! See what he can do for ya.
Nino
Old 07-16-2005, 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

did you cc the ports?just curious.that sucks man,i feel your pain.i've been burned twice by "budget" heads,and would have saved money if i would have bought a set of LPE,TEA or AFRs in the first place.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Somethings strange is going on here! I need you to send those things to me right away! Please don't install them! We've had alot of good results with these cylinder heads & I'm extremely confident that something is just strange with these heads. Have these cylinder heads been modified in any way? I'm just completely confused! I flowed a set earlier in the week that went well into the 300s on a 1020 bench.

There are plenty of reviews & flow results from guys other on the internet, something must be going wrong here. I've seen blind guys port heads to flow over 200cfm on the exhaust! LMAO!!

Before you guys go throwing PRC over the bridge give us a chance to find out exactly whats going on here! I would like to get the heads back & have them looked over & checked out here @ our local machine shop.

If for any reason the cylinder heads don't do exactly what they are suppose to I will gladly replace them or swap them for whatever setup you would like to go with! These cylinder heads flow what we promise & I'll make sure they make the #'s!!

I would also like for you to get me the phone # to the company that flowed them. I wasn't aware of a shop in Birmingham with a 600 bench.!?!?!? Doesn't Bo White have to send his heads out to have them flowed?

Keep in mind guys the cylinder heads have worked on alot of guys cars in the dyno results section! Feel free to call the guys @ Force Fed and ask them about the quality porting that goes into the PRC cylinder head. Force Fed uses our cnc work & gets great results from them!!

Before you guys bash you could give us a chance to get to the bottom of all of this. There is no way people could make the hp they make with these cylinder heads if they flowed the numbers that we are seeing here! I need to get these heads back so I can go through them & find out exactly whats happening.

1Quick I need the cylinder heads shipped back to me with contact information on the machine shop that flowed the heads. I would like to have all the information so I can get this straitened out. I have other sets ready to go that I can replace them with, but I really need to get those heads back to check them out closely.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 07-16-2005, 08:50 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Here's some recent results from the cylinder heads. I don't think they could make the power #'s if they flowed 288 & 190! LOL

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=PRC

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/324293-dyno-results-tsp-magic-stick.html
Old 07-16-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

I had futral do me a set of 5.3's for my truck 5.3 liter. basically he just cleaned them up and did a valve job. with the stock 1.89" intake and 1.55" exhaust valve my heads flow pretty damn close to that and my port volumes should pretty close to stock. I paid less than 1000 dollars for mine. You should be pissed.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:11 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I researched this set of cylinder heads & I think they were built several months back. Can you check the side of the cylinder head for a serial #? If it has a # cut into the side of it then I can look at all of its specs & flow information. We only started filing specs about a month ago when we started running our new CNC port. When you send those heads back I will replace them with heads running the new port while I'm at it

I just sent a IM to a few shops that should be receiving a set of PRC heads next week. I asked them to post flow results when they get them. I figure a few extra results couldn't hurt!!

Last edited by Jason 98 TA; 07-16-2005 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
Heads were done by a local shop on a SF600 bench using a radiused inlet..
Very strange that your talking about a local bench flowing them & in another thread AFR is claiming to have recently flow a new cylinder head. I didn't know AFR (California) is local to Birmingham!?!? AFR definately has interest in these heads flowing poorly, is that where they were flowed?
Old 07-16-2005, 10:17 AM
LS1 Tech Administrator

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I checked both threads and the numbers, while similar, are not identical. Don't know if they were the same heads or just a coincidence. All I can vouch for is AFR's objectiveness when posting the flow numbers. If you look at the thread, you'll see that many heads outflow their 205s at high lifts. If AFR was trying to soley promote their own heads, they would have omitted the good flowing heads in their chart and/or they would have mentioned the other heads by brand name.

I just noticed that the head flow numbers from the PRC heads and AFRs "V" set of heads looked surprisingly similar. Like I said, maybe it's a trend or maybe it's pure coincidence. Independent flow numbers say a lot.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

if those numbers are right..Jason or Jon , you can cancel my order
Old 07-16-2005, 10:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Oange ss if those flow numbers are right we should cancel all of the orders! LOL
Each head we do now includes a flow sheet & you can independently check yours and return them if your not 100% satisfied with the cylinder head.

Dyno results have shown the cylinder heads flow alot better than this post lets on. I will get these cylinder heads back asap & find out exactly what is going on.

Unfortunately I don't have a flow sheet currently off these heads because they were from when we were still having the cnc work outsourced. All cylinder heads currently being done includes a flow sheet & we offer a 100% satisfation guarantee!!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

what size pipe do you flow your heads with ?
Old 07-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Very strange that your talking about a local bench flowing them & in another thread AFR is claiming to have recently flow a new cylinder head. I didn't know AFR (California) is local to Birmingham!?!? AFR definately has interest in these heads flowing poorly, is that where they were flowed?
Lets put this to bed right now....

I did flow the heads in question and I also requested long before actually having seen them that I specifically didn't want to be involved in any potential "drama" after the fact, (assuming the results I gave him wasn't to his liking).

Regarding "having an interest in these heads flowing poorly", I think the implication is poor. These heads flowed exactly what was posted (on our equipment)....I thoroughly checked (and poured) two different ports just to make sure. There wasn't barely a CFM between them on both the two intakes I tested as well as the exhaust and the cc's were the same.....very consistant.

I don't have any interest in getting pulled in to this controversy, and Matt was simply covering for me because he knew I didn't want to be involved but obviously that doesn't seem to be possible any longer.

Jason, it's good that your stepping right up to the plate and trying to get your customer handled, but trust me the results posted on THAT particular set are valid and would be repeatable an another Superflow bench using the same 3.900/4.125 fixturing, exhaust tube, etc. I spot checked a production 205 a few hours later that went 297/232 with all the same equipment.

If you want to PM or call me feel free to do so....I would be more than happy to discuss any of the testing.

Thanks,
Tony M.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good info, i am positive Jason will take care of this issue. I have never seen TSP not live up to a promise. I think all of you PRC owners can sleep easy now, but honestly, how do you really know what your getting if you do not flow the heads before installing them on a compariable bench? I know all of us are anxious to bolt on new power, but in the future, test your large investment and then attempt to work any problems out with the Supplier/Vendor. This prevents the mass histaria. I know people are trying to look out for other guys, and thats a good thing, but id hate to see a potentially great product get swept under the rug.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Tony I will stand behind the product no problem. Those cylinder heads are very old & cnc ported by a company we contracted out to do the cnc work until our machine was functional. That being said I see no way a ported head could be that far off. We have a completely new system now that includes a new cnc program, new finishing techniques & flow testing from every cylinder head. I have flow tested our new cylinder head next to your 205 & a few other competitors cylinder heads with very good results. I hope you will allow us to send you a new cylinder head to compare with.

Forgive me for being frustrated, but the other post claims the cylinder head was flowed in Alabama. If that part of the post is not honest, then I didn't really know how much of the post to trust.

If your going to bring our company into the post & state cylinder head flow numbers than I hope you will allow us to send you the newest version of the cylinder head which is being cnc ported in house & each flow tested prior to shipping

Quick Reply: IF you bought PRC heads or are considering it.. CHECK THIS OUT!