Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burning tons of oil when letting off throttle at high rpms

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning tons of oil when letting off throttle at high rpms

Only burns out when letting of the gas at higher rpms, at idle nothing, at start up nothing, on the gas at high rpms nothing, only when I let off. Any ideas? The searching I did on here pointed toward valve seals on the heads, just looking for any other ideas, before I pull them off to get fixed and find out it was the rings or something else.

I'm already running the AMW catch can, that had no effect on the problem, motor is a '01 ls1. I guess I could try the LS6 pvc, but I seriously doubt it's that, this is a heavy thick cloud that last for 20 seconds.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be the valve seals leaking. Are your heads ported? My ported heads have the rocker are intake bolts going into the runners. I use some teflon thread tape to seal those. All you have to do is check out your intake, and pull it off an look at the intake runners to see how much oil is there. I had a ls6 valley cover with a catch can and still leaked oil into the intake like crazy. I have since swapped to k&n valve cover breathers and connected the valley cover to the passenger valve cover. No more lost oil for me so far.

Quick Reply: Burning tons of oil when letting off throttle at high rpms