Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible gas mileage wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible gas mileage wtf?

Ok this seemed to have occured recently but my 02 ls1 is getting horrrrrible gas mileage. I had an SES light that i checked out and it was a 3 codes all pointing to a bad rear bank 2 oxygen sensor, i am wondering if this is why i am getting such crappy gas mileage? I was at half a tank driving normal low RPM for about 10 miles, maybe even less and it went to nearly 3/4 of a tank empty, WTF!?? IF the oxy sensor is not the culprit than what else could it be? I know my air/fuel is a bit screwy because i get alot of back firing (i have a cutout) any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok, after doing a search i am pretty sure it is the o2 sensor, i plan on replacing immediately, now i can just goto autozone and pick one up for my car correct? They are all the same no? P0157 BANK2 SENSOR 2 where is that exactly so i know what to look at under the car. Also while checking the SES codes i also got a Malfunction Indicator lamp, control circuit malfunction, anyone know WTF that is? I do not think it had a code. Thanks
Old 07-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by qwik3r
ok, after doing a search i am pretty sure it is the o2 sensor, i plan on replacing immediately, now i can just goto autozone and pick one up for my car correct? They are all the same no? P0157 BANK2 SENSOR 2 where is that exactly so i know what to look at under the car. Also while checking the SES codes i also got a Malfunction Indicator lamp, control circuit malfunction, anyone know WTF that is? I do not think it had a code. Thanks
your bank2 sensor2 is the one behide the cat. on the passengers side and the malfunction indicator lamp sould be the service soon light check and see if it comes on when u turn the switch on and the bad gas milage i might get 325 mlies or 350 miles to a tank of gas and it sucks but there is nothen wrong with mine it just needs a 25 gallon tank lol
Old 07-23-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, when you say behind the cat do you mean going towards the back of the car or going up into the engine? Also, what do you mean by turn the switch on regarding the SES light? Thanks.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bank 2 sensor 2 is the O2 sensor on the passenger side closest to the rear of the car.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I changed this sucker out, what a job, i couldn't get the damn wrench to fix properly for a grip because the F'n cat was right there, but i changed it, not quite sure if i notice a difference in gas improvement yet or if i still have the same problem...guess i have to take it in for a tuning.