Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant cross over thingy under intake...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Coolant cross over thingy under intake...

Im going to be running a GMPP intake...do i need this thing? i realize all it did was flow coolant to the TB of which i had blocked off with the TB bypass kit...so why do i need this? with the tb bypass kit it dumps the coolant right back into the radiator...can i just make some plates to block off flow out of the heads? thanks!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Forget the water lines to the Throttal Body. They are there to warm up the TB, that makes the engine run smooth during warm up, but it costs power. Cooler air makes more power.... The cooling lines under the intake, I would keep all of them. They let the air bubbles out of the heads. Air pockets can cause hot spots in the head, pre-ignition, or a blown head gasket.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by racecar
Forget the water lines to the Throttal Body. They are there to warm up the TB, that makes the engine run smooth during warm up, but it costs power. Cooler air makes more power.... The cooling lines under the intake, I would keep all of them. They let the air bubbles out of the heads. Air pockets can cause hot spots in the head, pre-ignition, or a blown head gasket.

yeah i know what it does regarding the tb, which is why i thought it was pointless, but thats a great point about bubbles in the head, ok i will keep it on there haha