Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Externals to enhanced internals

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Externals to enhance internals

My signature shows internals that are going to be installed once the parts are all shipped. Once everything's installed, I'm trying to figure out what to plan for next. Which one of the following would you plan for next (rearend is a no-brainer, as well as built transmission). I'm concerned about the engine and what will BEST compliment the internals being installed.

1. Fast 90 w/90 mm TB

2. True Duals with Dynomax bullets (sell Borla Catback to recoup some money)

3. 100/125/150 wet shot

The cost will be about the same for whatever I do. The 90/90 setup I can do myself ... saving a little money. The wet shot kit would be installed by NLP w/ safety switch, Window switch, and the kit ... with two 20 lb bottles.

If you were me, which would be the first thing you'd do to compliment the H/C install that's coming ... and why?

Last edited by JEB99TA; 08-01-2005 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Corrected title spelling
Old 07-31-2005, 01:25 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

have Tony port you up a FAST 90 and run the NW TB. i'd only change up the exhaust if you looking for a difference sound. if your still running stock macs i'd pull them and port the primary entries and cut off the ball flanges. im not much of fan of n2o myself because of the recurring cost of having to refill the bottle. **** adds up.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

I spent prob 6 hours on dremmel-porting my MAC's before I installed them. The welds angled right into the tubes at about 60 degrees ... looked nice ... no lag or bead protruding inside the pipe at all, so, I'll be OK there. Guess I'll have to have the ball flanges taken care of and a FM collector welded in ... maybe a couple of bullet cats or dynomax's welded into the MAC Y-pipe. Man, by the time I do all this, I could just about pay for stainless TD's. It's really gonna' be loud after the H/C install.

90/90 setup will prob even make it louder, but, I think I'll do this 90/90 next as you suggest ... only makes sense ... relative to the question I asked at the top ...LOL. I'll worry about the exhaust sound/flow last, I think.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why can't you wire up your own nitrous kit? Its rather easy.. And that would save you a good bit of cash I'm sure..

Do the Fast 90/90 setup and then do the nitrous.. Trust me, you won't regret it!!
Old 07-31-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I would combine the 90/90 with a DP system dual stage.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Well, as for the nitrous kit, I was quoted a price that included tuning, window switch, fuel safety switch, intank pump, and the kit. Of course, that didn't include two larger bottles. With tuning, it was a pretty good deal. That's why I'm not installing it myself.

As for the nitrous setup ... the DP is what I was looking at, but, why dual stage? Would you be talking first stage being a dry shot at the MAF and then the wet kicking in via direct ports on the FAST?
Old 07-31-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

AFR Part# 5029 is the LSX FAST 90mm Intake in AFR's catalog. Anyone know if that is the standard nitrous fitted intake or if it's a ported LSX FAST 90mm Intake? Tony ... you around here tonight? Also wondering if they are available or maybe would be a back-order item if a guy decided to order one?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

As for the nitrous setup ... the DP is what I was looking at, but, why dual stage? Would you be talking first stage being a dry shot at the MAF and then the wet kicking in via direct ports on the FAST?
Why dual? Because that way you can shoot sooner and try to maintain a grip on the road. Let us say 100 from a stand and then 100 at a higher rpm.
It also gives you the choice of small shot Vs big.
Ideally a progressive is the best.

Nitrous is not cheap you know so every ounce counts.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:18 AM
TECH Addict

Yes, but, I'm already gonna' be at 400+rwhp/400+rwtq. I can't get traction on Nitto's, as it is, when I accelerate. If I ever did, it would probably shatter my rearend and destroy the 4L60E ... my stuff's not racebuilt ... sure would be nice to have bragging rights on a DP dual setup, though. I'm a down-to-earth guy, so, I don't mean that in an arrogant way. It would be cool to own a dual stage setup, especially with a FAST LSX 90mm direct port intake and a NW TB.

I'll do the 90/90 setup first. Already being at 355/376 now, I would say after the cam swap next month and then with the 90/90 setup at the end of the year, well, I'm guessing I'll be at 420/420 or better with the converter unlocked. This would be attributing 35 hp for the AFR's, 10 HP for the cam, 10 for the FAST90/90 setup. I'm being conservative because I know a combo of parts often doesn't yield the overall results you expect. This way, I won't be disappointed by the dyno numbers if they are low.

When I do the nitrous it will be next summer because of financial reasons. I think then I might be closer to planning on a new 12-bolt and a racebuilt 4L60E, so, most likely will be more comfortable with doing a dual setup.