Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my PRC's 5.3/2.5, overall impression

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hardtop
ATVRacer is running PRC's in a full weight car and a shot. Car has run 10.0X at 3600 lbs. I think you will like the heads, he does.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce

Yes I picked up 4 tenths switching from a popular brand stage 2 head to the PRC's and the heads were the ONLY change.

10.0 on a 150 dry shot at 3600 lbs pump gas 346

Best $1500 dollars I've spent on my car (besides the N20 )
Old 08-02-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
QUOTE: Mark please post pics of the nicks your seeing in the deck surface. After the decking the cylinder heads should look awesome I would be more than happy to cover the costs for decking the cylinder heads if they were hurt during shipping

This is great to see someone willing to stand behind their product. No calling 20 times and having nobody return your call. You know it's a great business when they take the initiative like this. This is how you gain and keep customers. Props to TSP.
Yes TSP is good to deal with. Due to the reduced price and probably the amount of orders they have got, it took a while longer to get the heads. Trevor is always prompt in replying to any communication.

BTW Jason, the heads were NOT damaged in the shipping as I mentionned before. Thanks for the offer, but as i said no place to deck them over here, I'll just run graphites and they will be OK.

Again i will say that the CNC porting is REALLY good, finishing is even for all chambers.
My opinion and advice to TSP is NOT to rush the production of these. They are a good product for the price, a little more final check and careful scrutiny would avoid the few issues I mentionned above.
Also, because of demand, I would advise that potential buyers be made aware that it could take up to 6/8 weeks for delivery. That way the customer knows what to expect and doesn't become bothered if they take more time than they should. ( I myself got a little tired of the "maybe next week" deal).

PRC's are a new product with very good potential in a cut throat business. It is imperative IMO that final quality check be done very carefully in order to establish the reputation they deserve. That final "check" will make or brake these IMO.
When you consider the QUALITY PARTS, GOOD CNC, and the PRICE, PRC's are a GOOD buy.

As far as performance, I will let you know in September after the first track meet.

Last edited by PREDATOR-Z; 08-02-2005 at 01:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, keep us posted!
Old 08-02-2005, 06:57 AM
TECH Resident

I have had several conversations with Jason and Trevor at TSP. What sold me on thier heads was their commitment to building a quality head. If it takes a little longer because they are busy, that is OK. I would rather it take a few extra weeks than to get something that isn't right. My Z isn't much fun when it is broke.

I'm still glad to see that there are several companies (TSP, TEA, AFR) that have a strong commitment to quality and their customers. Hat's off to all of those great companies.

Thanks for the info Predator-Z.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice info.
VERY good read as well.
You really took your time to explain everything.
Great read.
Thanks
Old 08-02-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Also, because of demand, I would advise that potential buyers be made aware that it could take up to 6/8 weeks for delivery. That way the customer knows what to expect and doesn't become bothered if they take more time than they should. ( I myself got a little tired of the "maybe next week" deal).
Yup - it's already been 6 weeks for mine and still no tracking number

my motor has been pulled apart since 4th of july - i was relying on the "next week" thing - they're def backed up on orders
Old 08-02-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's nice to see an independent tester report back on a pair of the latest heads from PRC... and even better seeing Jason still standing behind his product. These are the small things that will help me make my mind up when purchasing my heads.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
Yup - it's already been 6 weeks for mine and still no tracking number

my motor has been pulled apart since 4th of july - i was relying on the "next week" thing - they're def backed up on orders
I am in the same situation as you. I guess we have to be paitent. I hope our parts come in soon.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well,
I've cleaned them up, deburred what needed, opened the water passage.
They are ready for install. Should be done by next week.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

QUPTE: Yup - it's already been 6 weeks for mine and still no tracking number

One thing I think everyone appreciates is a realistic ETA. It is better to say it MIGHT take 8 weeks and have them come in seven, than to say they'll take a week and 1/2 and not come for 7. It always frustrates me when I'm told one thing and it takes a lot longer. I would rather hear the truth even if it means my part will take a long time to arrive, then be told a sugarcoated load of crap. I won't mention the name of one of our sponsors that makes some of the best, if not the best cylinder head, but is starting to build a reputation for doing this. Not a good business practice at all.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

QUPTE: Yup - it's already been 6 weeks for mine and still no tracking number

One thing I think everyone appreciates is a realistic ETA. It is better to say it MIGHT take 8 weeks and have them come in seven, than to say they'll take a week and 1/2 and not come for 7. It always frustrates me when I'm told one thing and it takes a lot longer. I would rather hear the truth even if it means my part will take a long time to arrive, then be told a sugarcoated load of crap. I will not even go into mentioning sponsor that makes a great head, but is starting to build a reputation for doing this. Not a good business practice at all.
Let me guess, 3 letters??
Old 08-03-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Old 08-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn now who could that be?
TEA
AFR
MTI
LPE
PRC
Old 08-03-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its not TEA
Our last 4 sets of 1.5 heads have shipped in under 1.5 weeks time.
Thanks Brent
Old 08-03-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Nope, not TEA.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh Sheeet! What have I started?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Alot of companies will give customers the run around with the ETA of parts because they don't want to lose your business.. I can see where they are coming from, but its still not good practice because alot of people are waiting on their parts and need them rather quickly.. I always like to know how long something is REALLY going to take cause I can always look somewhere else for my parts if I need them quickly but that is exactly what they do not want you to do...
Old 08-03-2005, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

I won't mention the name of one of our sponsors that makes some of the best, if not the best cylinder head, but is starting to build a reputation for doing this. Not a good business practice at all.
Since you said "the best" then I'm assuming you are talking about AFR??
Old 08-03-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

got mine yesterday. I skipped the hand finishing, which I dont recommend, to save 2 weeks more before I got em. Overall they look good, I had the same issue as Predator with the small gouges near the rear most water passage. Talked to TSP and they said it was from GM from the clamps they use for final finishing...i dont understand why they dont fix them if they get them that way. They said I wont have any problems with them even using MLS gaskets..... still dont feel comfortable with them
Old 08-04-2005, 03:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

You're right, the stockers are 61.xx cc and PRC's are supposed to end up at 62cc.
Those heads should be decked to have 0 (zero) scratches, nicks, bumps on the deck.
Maybe I'm a picky perfectionist.
The deck is the only concern I have with those heads, everything else is really good.
I'll post picks, but I haven't got a chance to get the download software from my brother yet.

Quick Reply: Got my PRC's 5.3/2.5, overall impression