Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have flow numbers on their AllPro heads?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
Nice pics rampant. Mind telling us how much you have invested in heads now....
Actually, that is a difficult question. I traded in my 5.3l CNC Stage 3 heads and cam on those plus a little something, plus I was having my 412LS2 built by them, so to be honest with you I do not know! I think it may be in the $2,300-$2,700 range but do not hold me to that, since a lot of horse trading was involved.

I wanted a solid unique motor and I seem to have got that. Idles really smooth and made not bad numbers through the cats. I'm pretty happy so far, but it does drink a litttle more fuel these days.

Rampant
Old 09-01-2005, 03:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

I have two reasons for wanting aftermarket heads Brett:

1) My 6.0's had to be repaired the last time they were off

2) I want best clamping/deck setup for FI.

Last time out I hooked a 1.45 (1.49 on my 9.61 pass) on year old slicks at a track rental where I was the only one on slicks. Next time I'm out I will be on 28W's and the track will be prepped. But I don't make enough power for 8's.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:49 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

For me to switch to Jesels I need custom valve covers, different pushrods, and I might have to relocate my coil packs. Sounds like little stuff but for my build I tried to avoid $900 rockers since my idea behind the build was to use readily accessible bolt-in parts to take a 13.5 car to 8.99. I'm at mid 9's now and none of the stuff I'm using is exotic.

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
So you don't have time to shim and measure pushrod length?

I still don't see the need for heads on your setup, I would think getting the thing to launch and down the track would be better money spent getting another 3/4 a sec out of your car. Heads aren't going to do a huge amount on a blower car. I'd go talk to Billingsley instead.

Craig, Do the Jesel rockers require any shimming to get them to a set height with your standard valves? I would imagine the whole setup would bolt right in without too much work since it was designed specifically for your castings.

Bret
Old 09-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Understandable....

I would work on cooling the air charge then and just get a simple set of bolt on heads. You have the right MPH for the weight and power, but there is probably .3 in just car setup.

Bret
Old 09-02-2005, 06:27 AM
Collections Hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
So you don't have time to shim and measure pushrod length?

I still don't see the need for heads on your setup, I would think getting the thing to launch and down the track would be better money spent getting another 3/4 a sec out of your car. Heads aren't going to do a huge amount on a blower car. I'd go talk to Billingsley instead.

Craig, Do the Jesel rockers require any shimming to get them to a set height with your standard valves? I would imagine the whole setup would bolt right in without too much work since it was designed specifically for your castings.

Bret
The Jesel's on our heads will be adjustable and do not require shimming. Our 265 uses a C5R style rocker arm kit which is not interchangable with standard ls1 rockers. All of our other heads use standard style rocker arms.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cary et performance
The Jesel's on our heads will be adjustable and do not require shimming. Our 265 uses a C5R style rocker arm kit which is not interchangable with standard ls1 rockers. All of our other heads use standard style rocker arms.
Cary,

Do we just have to use a Standard C5R rocker Arm or do we need to buy custom Rocker Arm's from you guys?

Floyd.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When are the smaller ET heads going to be avail? Like the 240? I was all set to buy a set yesterday only to find they aren't being sold yet
Old 09-02-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cary et performance
What was the reason for using the C5Rs and not the Mohawk LS1s? I would have thought that the Mohawks would have come in any offset you needed.

Also, has the rocker cover rail been raised to allow stock valve covers to be used with shaft rockers?

Quick Reply: Anyone have flow numbers on their AllPro heads?