Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol...this is getting good.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:37 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

What to do All i know is ill have a darton sleeve block,the rotation assy is still up in the air.Big bore short stroke or big bore big stroke.Whatever it is has to handle a 350 + shot.Everybody has a good point on there bore & stroke combos.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Banned

are you planning on running gas ported pistons?
Old 09-05-2005, 10:01 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

More than likely yes.Unless someone talks me out of it.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Banned

why would you let someone talk you out of it?
Old 09-05-2005, 10:21 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

I don't mean one person is going to make or break me on my choise.Ill be talking to some engine builders and getting some info from them also.I like to get more than one opinion on stuff like this to make sure everybody is on the same page.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Banned

817-244-2455 Hans Feustal one of the best engine builders in the country. builds promod nitrous big blocks. give him a call and see what he has to say.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by liftin'em on nittos
817-244-2455 Hans Feustal one of the best engine builders in the country. builds promod nitrous big blocks. give him a call and see what he has to say.

A motor is only going to injest so much nitrous, when there isnt enough cubic inches to handle the shot, the car looses power. Do a search in the nitrous section, plenty have posted on this.

I do understand what you are saying with a short stroke motor, but like liftin'em said, look at some of the bigger/badder promod cars, etc. Big power on big cubes.

Why worry about making xxx/xxx or xxxx/xxxx on a shorter stroke motor, when with more cubes you have the ability to make more power. The old adage goes, "there is no replacement for displacement".

For the most part, any power adder motor needs to be able to make a nice amount of power on motor only, theoretically. A turbo motor making 500hp, theoretically, will make 1000hp, on 14.4lbs of boost, if the setup is correct. (I take this from a recent PHR article, dealing with a blown LSx motor)
Old 09-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Banned

from what i've heard a nitrous motor should be able to hold as big of a shot as it makes on motor. that came from a guy running like a 500 shot on a 410" displacement LSX motor. so mine should hold like a 550 shot in that theory....hmmm
Old 09-05-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=big+shot
little info...
Old 09-05-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok...you go figure out why promod guys run BIG stroke motors and HUGE shots of nitrous and run close to 9krpm then come back and chat with us. you build your short stroke high rpm motor i'll build my stroker and you can find me in the winners circle...

I'll be more than happy to oblige with an *** whippin for your stroker, should I leave the bottle off so you can keep up? Maybe we can compare to apples to apples and not apples to oranges. Pro mod's use big blocks with cylinder heads that are good for the huge piston speeds they have with those big strokes please point me to someone who has a proven set of LSX heads that will work with that high of a piston speed?
Old 09-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Banned

it's apples to apples...it's a big stroke nitrous motor. the LSX heads flow fine for big stroke/bore setups as well as huge power adders. there's LSX motors making 1900 flywheel which is about 1500 more than your short stroke big bore motor will make. you obviously have your mind made up so argueing with you is like explaining accounting to a retard.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Junkie

If short stroke/big shot is the trick then why did ARE run a 4" stroke on their mid 8 second nitrous car...
Old 09-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Banned

it's apples to apples...it's a big stroke nitrous motor. the LSX heads flow fine for big stroke/bore setups as well as huge power adders. there's LSX motors making 1900 flywheel which is about 1500 more than your short stroke big bore motor will make. you obviously have your mind made up so argueing with you is like explaining accounting to a retard.
First you might want to learn how to spell before telling people THEY ride the short bus to school.

I've seen very few people/companies that can actually do the right job on porting these heads to feed motors with very high piston speeds.... maybe you should go read up on how piston speeds and head ports relate to one another and then you could talk smack on here....

Reading thru this post you just sound like a young kid who is going to blow up his first motor that he can barely afford and then get his second motor.... It should be interesting to see you run over your crank on the 600 shot run.

I don't like being a ******* on here, but it just makes me sad to see someone regurgitate info with no understanding to how engines really work.

Good luck, and yeah I would like to see you race anyone when you are done.

Bret
Old 09-05-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm dying to see your car come out and play, go race behind your computer some more with your make believe setup. I am serious let me know when you finish your end all motor that's going to beat my little cubic inch wonder. As for who the retard is, it's more than likely going to continually proven to be you as it has all night.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueSix
If short stroke/big shot is the trick then why did ARE run a 4" stroke on their mid 8 second nitrous car...
How many times did they blow that motor up too?

Why don't you use Mike Moran's crazy turbo motors as an example? He runs small cube BBCs with turbos instead of going 100 or more cubic inches bigger.

Bret
Old 09-05-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
First you might want to learn how to spell before telling people THEY ride the short bus to school.

I've seen very few people/companies that can actually do the right job on porting these heads to feed motors with very high piston speeds.... maybe you should go read up on how piston speeds and head ports relate to one another and then you could talk smack on here....

Reading thru this post you just sound like a young kid who is going to blow up his first motor that he can barely afford and then get his second motor.... It should be interesting to see you run over your crank on the 600 shot run.

I don't like being a ******* on here, but it just makes me sad to see someone regurgitate info with no understanding to how engines really work.

Good luck, and yeah I would like to see you race anyone when you are done.

Bret

YAY someone else who shows signs of intelligence has arrived in this thread.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Banned

my first motor broke almost a year ago...it was an NA stock short block but it leaned out and killed 5&7. the new motor is a 370" stock crank motor to be replaced with a 400+" stroker motor. the first motor should easily run bottom 9s in the car with the setup in it now. i'd get a clue about who you're talking to/about before you spout off your idiotic thoughts. the power of the car doesn't mean **** about how it's going to run. i'll take my 4" stroke big shot nitrous motors all day long in my car. give Hans a call and see what he says, then call Shannon Jenkins when you get off the phone with him. to each his own obviously applies here, but it's just a pure fact that bigger is better.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Banned

oh ok ;-) Maybe if you didn't hide behind your screen name we would know who you are superstar.

I already have customers who work with Hans thanks....

You still don't understand how head ports relate to piston speed so my post still stands on calling you out.

How fast did the last one run before you ran over your crank?

Bret
Old 09-05-2005, 11:33 PM
5-7
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlueSix
cause you're a tool and fell for gimmicks. the idea of volume must elude you, the area filling the circle in the cylinder is the primary factor in displacement. Stroke sweep is secondary since it's dynamic. Air/Fuel as you may not know, is compressed in the cylinder. the bigger the bore, the more air fuel you can cram into the cylinder and set fuel amount. A short stroke allows for reduced piston speed. If you think accelerated piston speed is a good thing on parts that constantly stretch and fatigue, like metal in a reciprocating engine, you really don't have a clue. As for a longer stroke making more torque, that is just myth perpetuated by simpletons who want to refer to the stroke as a lever arm. It's not, it's rotating.

Quick Reply: How strong is the stock crank?