Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifter question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
I edited my post as i noticed I made a typo on preload setting it is .008>.010 cold.
.060 preload is way too much and the lifter will collapse if set that much upon pump up.

If you do not believe this, then call someone who builds LSx and uses them frequently.
Like I said I'm running ~0.060" cold preload, works just fine no noise, revs over 7k, so I guess I'll just wait for it to blow up...trust me I'm not concerned.

Here's a quote which doesn't need to be masked...

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
By the way, I did some dyno testing with my "R" lifters and from .010 preload (valvetrain making a racket) to .055-.060 preload (lifters MUCH quieter), I saw ZERO difference in power anywhere in the curve. Guess where I run my Comp "R"'s ?? (hint: think "quiet").
Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
I know this is "unheard" of with a Comp "R" lifter but it has been working like a charm for me going on 8 months now.
Maybe were just lucky
Old 09-07-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I guess, but you forget to mention what cam he is running the 875's with and it is not a High duration over .600 lift cam (hint 224/228)
BTW no masking needed, ask Louis at LGM.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

I guess, but you forget to mention what cam he is running the 875's with and it is not a High duration over .600 lift cam (hint 224/228)
Why would it matter what the cam was? I don't need to ask, I'm living the dream
Old 09-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Launching!

When I talked to LGM about using Comp R lifters they told me there was no need for adjustable rockers.

But when I called the Comp tech line they said I don't know who told you that but they don't know what they are talking about, you must use adjustable rockers to even get the benifit of the R lifter, its designed for and should only be used with adjustable rockers.

So, as far as information goes this is what I got.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question

Hey fellas, I thought my post I started was asking for what to look for on my lifters, such as defects, damage possibly, things of that nature, not a argument on preload between two other members. I have already decided awhile ago with previous posts to just keep the factory lifters, I just wanted to make sure before I put the car back together the lifters were okay, since I've bent valves,busted seven rockers, scuffed the tops of my pistons, just was hoping I didn't damage any lifters. Thanx. I can appreciate your passion with your LS1's, that is why I have come over to this sight. To learn.