Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torquer II Cam is in! Initial Impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torquer II Cam is in! Initial Impressions...

Well, I finally finished everything up and got her started around 9:15 pm. Took at least 12 tries before I could get her to hold an idle in park. Even then, idle was around 500 rpms. Goosing the throttle and immediately letting off causes the car to die. Had to two foot it around for a couple miles to keep her running at the stop lights. I expected as much though.

After the torque converter was put it in, the car idled around 550 rpms and never died. It did however dip way down if I came to a sudden stop; it felt like it was going to die then.

In order to get it to idle, I drilled out the hole in the TB blade with a 1/4" bit. I'll be sending out my PCM to TSP tomorrow first thing in the morning. I'll have a more in depth review then.

I can say however that this mother sounds WICKED at idle. Not too choppy, but you definately know there's a cam in there. Also, while driving around, I got very minimal bucking and surging while coasting at around 45 miles per hour. I'm sure if it was 25 mph I would have felt it. All in all, I'm sure this will be a very driveable cam after a good tune.

I want to thank everyone who ever posted their experiences on this site. All of them helped a great deal. I urge anyone who is even remotely mechanically inclined to give this install a shot. It's definately not as difficult as I though it might be.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to see the install went smooth We have the mail order tunes on special in the sponsor section!!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com