Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joe Overton "T-Rex Killer"

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems like a awfully cocky name to give a cam that hasnt done anything impressive yet, im not saying it wont, but kinda jumping the gun eh?

and stock lifters work fine, i have fast ramp and high lift and lots of passes and i think mines performing just fine
Old 11-01-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
seems like a awfully cocky name to give a cam that hasnt done anything impressive yet, im not saying it wont, but kinda jumping the gun eh?

and stock lifters work fine, i have fast ramp and high lift and lots of passes and i think mines performing just fine
I think it went a 10teen with a DFI. SMOKIN01TA your one of the main reasons I got this cam. Im not out to set any records, I just wanna go fast.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

I still don't understand why these guys hide their specs. Sure, you can get a custom grind using someone's specs but.........the masses (where you make your money) will buy a cam right from the company.

How many TR224 cams are out there or TREX for that matter? And everyone knows those specs.

I just don't get it
Old 11-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10thAnivHAwk
It would be harder for me to put my faith in a cam w/o seeing the specs. If I was debating between two cams and one released the specs and one didnt I'd probably go with the one that released them.
Do the cam specs matter or do the results? What you think works, or doesn't work can prevent you from buying what works because of preconcieved notions of what you get from other cams. That along with not giving out free research are the two best reasons for any cam guy to keep his cam specs to himself and his paying customers.

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
And honestly the best cam you could ever buy for your car would be a custom ground one detailed to fit your current setup and goals.
Yep, but at the same time you really can't expect the specs to be given to you before you buy. Why would a company design a cam for a customer that hasn't had any money spent with them?

Bret
Old 11-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Yep, but at the same time you really can't expect the specs to be given to you before you buy. Why would a company design a cam for a customer that hasn't had any money spent with them?

Bret
That is why you build fast combinations to show people the results. Then they don't have to spend money with you to see the stellar results
Old 11-01-2005, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How the hell are you suppose to know how to install the cam without a cam card? Do they tell you over the phone?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce

Bret
Yes in fact there are at least two that I found and one local to me that would grind what ever I wanted including from his list of spec'd cams. You answer their questionaire as acurately as possible and they'll spec it out for you and let you know what is optimal for your goals. In most cases a custom ground cam is $450 . I use an off the shelf tr224, if I were to have one ground I would use the internet service to get specs(its from a very reputable cam company) and then actualy have them grind it as well because its easier for me to say OK I'll buy it online than it is for me to drive 40 miles round trip to get it done. IF you have confidence in your product and arent selling it a higher price than most you dont have problem with releasing specs. But the only vendors I know of that dont release specs also sell their stuff at a much higher cost than the others. Their stuff isnt any better, they just want you to think so. Its the marketing game that they all have to play to sell their stuff to make money.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Banned

Yes in fact there are at least two that I found and one local to me that would grind what ever I wanted including from his list of spec'd cams. You answer their questionaire as acurately as possible and they'll spec it out for you and let you know what is optimal for your goals. In most cases a custom ground cam is $450 . I use an off the shelf tr224, if I were to have one ground I would use the internet service to get specs(its from a very reputable cam company) and then actualy have them grind it as well because its easier for me to say OK I'll buy it online than it is for me to drive 40 miles round trip to get it done. IF you have confidence in your product and arent selling it a higher price than most you dont have problem with releasing specs. But the only vendors I know of that dont release specs also sell their stuff at a much higher cost than the others. Their stuff isnt any better, they just want you to think so. Its the marketing game that they all have to play to sell their stuff to make money.
How true Mr. Bauer thinks his camshaft design is a black or secret art and that no one else on the face of the planet knows how to do it. My suggestion go with a cam designer who builds fast cars, then you know what you are getting
Old 11-01-2005, 07:36 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And honestly the best cam you could ever buy for your car would be a custom ground one detailed to fit your current setup and goals.
True, so in the case for Joe...this must be "the one".

Quick Reply: Joe Overton "T-Rex Killer"