Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchased a 90TB without the breather tube, now what? PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchased a 90TB without the breather tube, now what? PICS

Well I got a TPIS 90mm TB without the breather tube built in to the TB and either I failed to notice or he failed to mention it, but its done and I need to get a breather on the valve cover....so I don't start blowing seals and all that good stuff. I used my buddies TPIS 90mm until I got mine ready to go and that one did have a breather tube installed so I must have bought and early edition. I went back and looked at some of the posts from the guy I purchased it from and he was looking for a breather also........so I hope I can get it to work for me because I think I purchased his problem.

Here is a pic of the TB I got, normally there is a tube running out on the passenger side of the TB for the PVC.

I guess I really don't understand what I need to do here. I seen Speedinc has a valve cover breather in stock, and the guy I purchased it from was looking on Thunder for one they sell from his old posts, but is that what I need... or am I foocked? Should of just got a NW as planned.

Thanks

Last edited by speedo; 11-23-2005 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The tube goes to valve cover and not to PVC.
The hard tube on the valve cover is horizontal so you would need to get a 90* bent to make it vertical to valve cover and just put a small breather on that tube.
Unless you can rotate that hard tube, but 've never tried that.
BTW, K&N and Mr gasket makes all kinds of small breather sizes.
It wont win any show bling award but it will serve its purpose.
Actually that would eliminate 1 of the intake oil contamination problems.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I blocked mine off and run small k&n breathers on the valve covers. Eliminated the pvc system all together. Now I don't burn as much oil and the motor runs better. Don't sweat it and just put some ten dollar breathers on it.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:41 AM
10 Second Club

Oops I meant PCV....

I was doing more digging on the issue after I made this post and I discovered it was only a fresh air intake into the cover/motor.

Good I will just get some smaller breathers from summit or look to see if one of the sponsers carries them. Do you know the diameter I would need off hand?

How many filters am I going to need? I am still a bit confused. Just the one? Or one on each side?

Last edited by speedo; 11-23-2005 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Passenger valve cover has a hard horizontal tube right in the middle, on the side of the cover. That is the one that connects the tube to the TB. There is where you want a little breather, vertical so you do not spill oil onto motor.
The other breathers they are talking about is to replace the PCV system. Forget those.