Sponsored by:

Vote on best shortblock builder

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Mark,

Build it with someone reputable that stands behind it and does their own work otherwise it's only as good as the last guy that touched it at whatever shop really did the engine. I have another great engine builder on my staff now with me as of this morning so I will be even quicker from here on out. Also thanks for the nice words from everyone else as well! We have been so busy that I had to find another guy to help us!

Also the iron block is by far the best deal as far as price and strength but the more exotic sleeved aluminum deals allow more bore size and are somewhat lighter although much more money. The LS2 is lighter but definitely weaker than the 6.0 block.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AlmostfastLT1
I want a built 402/408 ls1 or ls2 stroker, still debating on iron or aluminum cause of the price!!! Just post some expericences you have all had, this is a n/a setup, whos comes with more goodies that I will not have to hunt down, etc.. Whos the best aluminium stroker kit(sleeving) and whos the best iron..

Thanks Mark Tsdale
Mark,

Also you need to let whoever is going to do your engine know exactly what you are doing as well as this will change the way they build the motor. I have done stuff from the 7s to the 11s and there are big differences in what you set up the engine like. I teach this stuff still for a living and I see people buying a generic shortblock that is not right for what the customer is doing quite often. It's a good engine with the right parts but not set up right.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer7088
Mark,

Also you need to let whoever is going to do your engine know exactly what you are doing as well as this will change the way they build the motor. I have done stuff from the 7s to the 11s and there are big differences in what you set up the engine like. I teach this stuff still for a living and I see people buying a generic shortblock that is not right for what the customer is doing quite often. It's a good engine with the right parts but not set up right.

Yea I know what you mean, been there from experience....

I might give you a shot... Once funds seem alittle better....

Thanks guys for some references..
Old 12-13-2005, 07:29 PM
8 Sec Builder

Originally Posted by AlmostfastLT1
I want a built 402/408 ls1 or ls2 stroker, still debating on iron or aluminum cause of the price!!! Just post some expericences you have all had, this is a n/a setup, whos comes with more goodies that I will not have to hunt down, etc.. Whos the best aluminium stroker kit(sleeving) and whos the best iron..

Thanks Mark Tsdale

Over at MTI we do our own sleeving on the ls2 in house and it is comparable to the c5r block. We build the motors with the best of parts as well. If you need any additional information please feel free to call us at 281-870-8787
Old 12-13-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
HPE all the way. Erik Koenig gets my vote all the way. I ask a million questions and he always manages to provide good solid info that's real. His credentials speak for themselves. He's not a BS'er and that's key to getting a proper build.

There are some great choices here to the right, but I place him and the whole HPE crew at the top of my list.

Good luck with your build!

Very well put. HPE is where it's at.