Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out this new product , LS1 engine girdle !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat Steve
Surely you mean, "Which university?"
Perhaps, I have mispoken, but I do not believe that I have. Your use of the word "surely," to me, implies that you're saying there is some sort of a grammatical error. You'll have to elaborate on this equivalent ( ) way of working my question.

It's been a while since I was in grammer school, and I am no offended when I'm wrong. So, please enlighten me.

Ben T.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:02 AM
Launching!

May I assume 274 doesn't speak English as his or her first language? If this is the case, some latitude must be given, but still, to have an engineering degree at an American university, and be such an atrocious speller... speaks very poorly of our "higher" education system.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:00 AM
Launching!

Wink

Originally Posted by exSSer
May I assume 274 doesn't speak English as his or her first language? If this is the case, some latitude must be given, but still, to have an engineering degree at an American university, and be such an atrocious speller... speaks very poorly of our "higher" education system.
I speek englass, se habla espanlor senior. Its trying to type fast that I suck at.

Last edited by stage274; 07-22-2006 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We have used a girdle of our own design (much like the drawing) that ties together the main caps and the lower pan rail to stiffen the block. Normally we don't install the girdle until the engine is expected to exceed 1250hp, unless the customer wants it for piece of mind.

Kurt
Originally Posted by stage274
this is a quote out of hot rod magazine and the pic below is a of an old blueprint of the ls1 , you are looking at a girdle from the factory, that never made it to production, yes a factory girdle!!!!!!
"Centrifugally supercharged street engines of 700 to 1,200 hp should consider the cast-iron 6.0L truck block, with 800-plus horsepower engines using dowel-pinned steel main caps in iron blocks. In fact, above 650 hp, steel main caps are good insurance, but the stock powdered metal caps will work fine below this hp level on everything but nitrous’d engines. Also, on supercharged, turbocharged, or nitrous engines above 900 hp, a main-cap girdle should be used to stabilize the caps. Head studs of 11 mm or greater should be installed above 700 hp for maximum clamping force and used with performance multilayer-steel head gaskets. Boosted and dry-sump-oiling-system engines should use front and rear cover crank seals designed to handle the positive and negative crankcase pressure found in these applications."
you can run big horsepower numbers now on a aluminum block with stock main caps if you are using the girdle.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stage274
I make the giirdle, I really do not make any money making these semi custom pieces, I make the lsx engine girdle for the love of the ls1 engine and so you do not have to blow up you aluminum block,I spent months desinging the girdle and tens of thousands of dollors to bring a product like this to market,it started as a project in my engineering class, gave an extensive speech and a mathmatical derivation on the theory of engine dynamics ,not only was my project overlooked and graded by the best areospace engineering professor at my school, it was one of the best projects he has seen in a long time. Of course I recieved an A , plus I was issued a united states patend number (6,928,974). My heart and soul goes in every girdle I make, I made the girdle out of the best stainless steel avalible, those specs are for chromiun nickel 304 stainless steel.I would not make a product if it was not the best. I would of made it out of titainium if I thought it was a better steel than the one I used.Yhea I could of used 1010 mild steel, but people are not stupid, that is why if you ask any of my customers about the quality of my Girdle, they will tell you its bar none. I have sold over 300 hundred girdles and not one failure, danzio performance called me and I quote "man I can not blow up my engine ,I run it every weekend with 20 pounds of boost " he is running a 6.0 aluminum block stock mains and dynos 1250 horse, he told me the enginese he has raced agians with out the girdle split the mains and cracked the block, he has been running this set up for more than a year WITH OUT FAILURE, IF THAT IS NOT PROOF I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS,and most of my customers have 900+ horsepower on stock mains caps. Its been proven the alumium lsx block twist, and they stay that way.Even the mighty c5r block has problems in high horspower aplications, the block seperates from the mains and usally cracks, this is confirmed from kurt from wheel to wheel performance, that is why it is important ,that you run the lsx engine girdle,so that twisting will not happen to your expensive lsx motor. When aluminum blocks heat cycles they get weeker, so every time you run an aluminum block it gets weeker, on the other hand iron blocks get stronger when they are heat cycled, that is why the best blocks that are Iron are the ones that have miles on them. I would never run any engine with out a girdle, even a steel block, because they twist too, lets face it ,you need a girdle for an alumium block because the density of an aluminum blocks is about three times less dense as iron block are , plus aluminum blocks get weeker every time you run them, I have one on my motor, and so does 300 other horsepower junkies, Thank you and god bless the Americia, stage274
Im sorry, but I have never seen an engineer with spelling problems so severe. Skip all the required grammar classes at your university?
Old 07-22-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Holy resurrection of an old post Batman
Old 07-22-2006, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Studytime
Perhaps, I have mispoken, but I do not believe that I have. Your use of the word "surely," to me, implies that you're saying there is some sort of a grammatical error. You'll have to elaborate on this equivalent ( ) way of working my question.

It's been a while since I was in grammer school, and I am no offended when I'm wrong. So, please enlighten me.

Ben T.
I just found it to be a bit funny that you were correcting someone else and used "what" where "which" would have been the proper choice. When a query asks the reader to select from a list of possibilities, "what" is not correct. "Which" would be the correct selection.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Launching!

I think if you guys knew me you wouldn't be giving me such a hard time, I am sitting home right now with a broken leg from an old motorcycle accident.I rebroke it , They put a rod in my leg for the second time, they are giving me some heavy stuff,so I have been kind off out of it for last two weeks.
Besides that fact, main engine girdles work, we are talking about an aluminum block here. I can see the argument if everbody was running a steel block, but who want to put 100 pounds on the front end of your car, plus instead of running steal main caps, you can run the girdle. Not only does the girdle tie in the bottom of the block, it increases the strength of the main caps ,you guys will really be cutting your selfs short if you build a supercharger,turbo or nitrous set up with out a girdle. let just say if price was not a issue, would you take a 800 horsepower 6.0 short block with a a girdle or with out? I think most of us would choose the girdled motor, man all I know is I have $13000 in my motor, I am going to built it to last, bottom line is the girdle is just a tool to help us get to point a to point b really fast and do it reliably.

Last edited by stage274; 07-24-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a Engineer and I can not type or spell for **** either. Also could we keep this thread a little bit more on track? No reason to bash the guy. Its as simple as this if you dont like his product for whatever reason do not purchase it.
The following users liked this post:
tdmaker (03-10-2022)
Old 03-02-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whats the big deal if someone can't spell good or has bad grammer skills, if they created a good product for all of us to use, what more can you ask for. I bought one of these same girdles, and I think it's an awsome product, a well produced piece. You guys think whatever you wan't but wait and see, these girdles are gonna be on every high horsepower LSX on the street and the track.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

that's badass for sure, and i know if i was building my motor for high hp i would certainly spend the extra money and get one..
Old 03-02-2007, 07:41 PM
9 Second Club

i just put one on mine. Demitri sent me what appears/feels like a quality product. I wish he could design some type of cylinder head girdle for the outside studs
Old 03-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Demon SS
Holy resurrection of an old post Batman
Again
Old 03-03-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cablebandit was the girdle easy for you to put in as it was for me?

No Problems right?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:33 AM
9 Second Club

simple. I like how the washers sit in a receiver groove in the girdle to help keep things kinda locked in place. I dont know how effective it is but it seems like its gotta help at least some. My block already had arp mains so i did not have it line honed for the girdles arp studs. I have not run this motor yet but will within the month
Old 03-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Banned

What I personally see if the girdle is a very nice piece and well engineered.

BUT I feel it is lacking compared to the W2W designed girdle. The W2W girdle ties in the oil pan rails which is a key in making this girdle really work. I believe if your going to spend the money buying one, you should buy one that does the job the best possibly way, which is the Wheel to Wheel main girdle...

Otherwise, spend your money on doweled steel main caps and youll see more benefit than using this girdle on stock main caps.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Pan Rail Block Strength

Hi ALL, when I designed/manufactured/cast my Marine Oil pan for GTM's, Off Road Racing, Air boats, River Boast, I ADDED Material at the Pan/Block flange area.
Many use "step" bolts to register the pan to the crankcase.

I am very AWARE of the fact of Pan Strength ADDING to the Block Strength as the GM engineers stated that fact to me.

I "surfed" the above manufacture's site and was not ably to find the Girdle .(some help requested ?)

I have found the OEM Powered Metal caps to CRACK over 1000 RWH.

THUS if I fit ARP main studs, I fit Billet Steel Main Caps at the same time.

Lance
Attached Thumbnails Check out this new product , LS1 engine girdle !!!!-dsc_0347.jpg   Check out this new product , LS1 engine girdle !!!!-dsc_0348.jpg   Check out this new product , LS1 engine girdle !!!!-dsc_0349.jpg  
Old 04-15-2018, 02:43 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by crowfly
Hewoah all, my name is jimmy cotta, I am a newkweare pissassist. If you guys wood power ure cars by fizzion or fuseion maybe I could help u. (I love bashing adams). But if you insist on burning dead dinosoars, I can't be of mutch hep. My spell cheker seems to have hyperventallaided. Anywayze, feal free to p.m. me with any atomick tech. questions. I be well versed in politics and peenuts also. Meantime,,, keep buildin them LSes.
Later yall,
Jimmy
If you're going to post nonsense, at least post it in the appropriate section (Racers Lounge, SR&K, etc). It would also be appreciated not to revive 10+ year old threads.

Quick Reply: Check out this new product , LS1 engine girdle !!!!