Sponsored by:

Crane Gold Race 1.8 RR and 7.250" pushrods

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crane Gold Race 1.8 RR and 7.250" pushrods

Newbie question...

I got the Crane Gold Race 1.8 RR kit which came with 7.250" pushrods. I thought the stock length pushrods were 7.400"?

What should I do... apart from calling the store?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Default Pushrods

Those Pushrods Are The Right Lenght In That Kit. 7.250 Is Correct,now If You Have Aftermarket Heads On The Motor Or Have Done Any Milling Work To Your Heads, The Pushrods Must Be Shortened. That Length Is Correct Because Of The Way The Quick Lift Rockers Works, And Now That The Valvetrain Is Adjustable. One Last Note, Follow The Crane Adjust Procedure To The Dot, Because If You Don't It Will Kick On Ses Lights And Hardly Run. I Repeat Don't Adjust Them Like An Old Small Block Chevy Valvetrain! Good Luck, And You Will Be Happy With The Results You Get From Those Rockers.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
Those Pushrods Are The Right Lenght In That Kit. 7.250 Is Correct,now If You Have Aftermarket Heads On The Motor Or Have Done Any Milling Work To Your Heads, The Pushrods Must Be Shortened. That Length Is Correct Because Of The Way The Quick Lift Rockers Works, And Now That The Valvetrain Is Adjustable. One Last Note, Follow The Crane Adjust Procedure To The Dot, Because If You Don't It Will Kick On Ses Lights And Hardly Run. I Repeat Don't Adjust Them Like An Old Small Block Chevy Valvetrain! Good Luck, And You Will Be Happy With The Results You Get From Those Rockers.
Thanks for the great reply Bigrob.

I spoke to the guy at Crane... its good that his opinion is aligned with yours!

My question highlights why I'm a newb and you guys ROCK!!!