Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARP rod bolts replacing stock bolts without resizing of the rod

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006 | 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

FDLS1...

Thanks for your post...

But I guess I wasn't very clear on the measurments I was looking for...

What I was looking for was the measurements of the big end before and after the ARP Pro series bolt install...

With the ARP 8740 bolts I could find no measurable change/difference in the big end size with either a inside bore gauge or and inside mic...

My feeling is that with the cracked cap and capscrew design of the rod that you are pretty much safe to use any of the high quality rod bolts out there without having any issues...

I think GuitsBoy hit it on the head about the difference when he posted "Katech as a company is willing to tell you that you can simply swap and fly whereas ARP, to cover their asses, suggest that you check the roundness of the rods afterwards. The difference in price that you pay for the more expensive Katech bolts gains you piece of mind that the company outwardly states that you can simply swap. ARP does not make this claim no matter how many people have sucessfully done the same thing with their bolts. Whether or not its worth the added expense is up to you."

Katech makes a very high quality rod bolt that can be changed out according to them without any problems, which for some poeple will give them extra amount of "peace of mind" and will help them sleep better at night...

For the more "adventures" any of the other high quality rod bolts out there will work just fine in my opinion on the LS1 style rod...
You just won't have that "warm fussy feeling" you will get by having someone tell you it's O.K.
Old 01-16-2006 | 03:38 PM
Launching!

No problem... sorry I couldn't be more help. I installed the rod bolts anyway regardless of what others may think, I sleep at night with no worries!

Quick Reply: ARP rod bolts replacing stock bolts without resizing of the rod