Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rollmaster DOUBLE ROLLER

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exclamation Rollmaster DOUBLE ROLLER

Alright, I have some gripes about this....

I have an SLP oil pump, and it turns out that the shims that they provided with the double roller are actually too much for that pump, and while bolting down the timing cover (after installing my UD pulley...) I heard a nice "snap" and well, my front timing cover cracked, big.... So, this set me back a day, yay. I guess this allows me time to install a new LS6 valley cover too =P

Anyways, i didn't read anywhere in the directions how much to torque down the allen head bolts on the cam sprocket. Whats the recommended trq on those? I just tightned them decently well.

Thanks!
Adrian
Old 12-27-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So you put on the timing chain, then installed the shims and pump. At this point everything looked ok. Then you placed your timing cover over everything, but didn't bolt it down, and proceeded to install your pulley. After the pulley was seated, you started to bolt down the timing cover. At this point it broke? Was the cover hitting the oil pump, or did it get in a bind some other way? The SLP pump should be no diffrent than any other pump seeings how it's just a re-worked stock pump, just like all the others.
As for the sprocket bolts, why are they allen heads? The stock bolts should be normal hex head bolts that tighten to 26 ft. lb.s. per ls1howto.com.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the rollmaster double roller, and a ported ls6 oil pump and they have been off and on the car at least 3 times with no issues. hex head bolts too. i think you stuck the wrong bolts in there bud.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

Question

No, i didn't stick the wrong bolts in there , they were the bolts that came with it, as far as the bolts in the cam sprocket that is (not the bolts that bolt the cam TO the sprocket, but allow for the advance/retard of the cam, those are the trq specs i'm looking for, not the 3, but the 8 i believe).

Beast96Z,
Did everything you exactly said, everything looked fine till i started to bolt down the timing cover. I took it off, and it ended up hitting the right top nut of the oil pump which could be seen by looking on the back of the timing cover. Upon further inspection, it looks like the SLP ported oil pump was a little different. The part that meets the engine, that bracket, stuck out further then my stock oil pump, so far that i actually didn't need the shims! So, all i was saying about that was to watch out, and make sure to check for any differences.

As far as front to back flexing on the double roller chains, does this happen? I know it will stretch a little and move side to side due to a little slack. My pump is still a little close, but it clears fine, just makin sure here.

Thanks,
Adrian
Old 12-28-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure you got a Rollmaster? I had the rollmaster double and the advance/retard was on the crank sprocket, not the cam. I've never seen th e8 bolts your talking about. A picture could say 1000 words in this instance. Both for the chain and the oil pump.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he has Crane's adjustable double roller which is made by rollmaster .
Old 12-28-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

v8pwr has it right, I didn't know there was a difference because they were made by the same people. Sorry for the confusion! As far as those trq number, anyone have them?

I'll take some pictures of the oil pump so everyone can see as well. Might be a few days before I can get them posted!

Adrian