Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What else do I need? Please look.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What else do I need? Please look.

I am heading to the Dyno today to get a base line before I do the Heads/cam swap this weekend but I want to give you a list of things I've purchased and let me know if there is anything I've left out.

First off, we plan on pulling the motor out and putting it on an engine stand to do the work. Here's what I have:

Patriot LS6 Cylinder heads (worked some more)
Comp Cam
Comp Lifters
Head bolts
Head Gaskets
A complete GM rebuild gasket kit
Crank bolt
LS6 ported pump
Rollmaster Timing set
Katech Rod Bolts

SUPPORT EQUIPMENT:
2 Ton jackstands
Engine Hoist
Engine Stand
**I need to get some bolts for the engine stand to hold the block. Any input here?

Supporting parts already on the car:
Comp Chromomly Pushrods
FAST 90/90
Edelbrock stepped LT's
85mm MAF
160 T-stat
TSP 85mm Lid
Old 01-26-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm going to bump this up for the night shifters
Old 01-27-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Resident

Why are you pulling the motor to do a head cam swap? Its much easier to do it in the car. I would pull the heads first, remove the lifters, swap the cam, then put back in the lifters, then back on the heads. I dropped several lifters into the oil pan when I pulled the cam because I didnt use anything to hold them up. But ya it looks like you have all the parts. Did you get the front seal and oil pump o ring?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

here is a list of some of the little stuff that might save you a last min. trip to the parts store !!! oil , filter , coolant , silicone , o2 sensors , brake clean , scotch brite pad , balancer puller,installer , rod bearings , assembly lube , head bolt lube , maybe clutch while it's out. look over the car well before taking it apart to see if you need anything else like power steering lines or coolant hoses ect!!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NoGamesLS1
Why are you pulling the motor to do a head cam swap? Its much easier to do it in the car. I would pull the heads first, remove the lifters, swap the cam, then put back in the lifters, then back on the heads. I dropped several lifters into the oil pan when I pulled the cam because I didnt use anything to hold them up. But ya it looks like you have all the parts. Did you get the front seal and oil pump o ring?

I'm pulling the block out so I can do the Rod Bolts(Katech). It will be easier than dropping the K-member and suspension, then trying to suspend the motor while working on it. Yes, I got the front seal and the oil pump O-ring. Thanks!

Jeff

Originally Posted by CATDIESEL
here is a list of some of the little stuff that might save you a last min. trip to the parts store !!! oil , filter , coolant , silicone , o2 sensors , brake clean , scotch brite pad , balancer puller,installer , rod bearings , assembly lube , head bolt lube , maybe clutch while it's out. look over the car well before taking it apart to see if you need anything else like power steering lines or coolant hoses ect!!

Excellant!! I need to get lube for the head bolts, a balancer puller, oil/filter

Thanks!

Jeff
Old 03-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Scammer Alert!

sounds like a nice setup
Old 03-21-2006, 02:16 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drop the K-member and the Pan. rod bolts go in!
Old 03-21-2006, 07:04 AM
11 Second Club

Would be great to see pics of this work!