Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Get rid of CNC track lines on the intake runners?
Yes
23.08%
No
76.92%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

CNC track lines on intake runner

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007 | 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

I love how people become experts after reading a few articles on the internet when they have no real world experience at all.
Old 02-09-2007 | 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
I love how people become experts after reading a few articles on the internet when they have no real world experience at all.
I love how people that have no idea what they're talking about like to chime in and add no worthwhile information. Thanks for the post I'm just using the most credible information I can find. What's wrong with that? Do you have a better source than Joe Mondello you'd like to use/quote to argue against me with? Yeah...didn't think so. Do we really need to continue this discussion considering the results from the GMHTP head shootout?
Old 02-09-2007 | 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Atmomization isnt just and old school term and still applies today. That air and fuel still need to mix on their way into the combustion chamber to maximize combustion. If mixing the air and fuel wasnt needed then injection would be direct into the cylinder.
If I'm not mistaken that's the next step in technolgy for fuel injection, to do direct injection into the cylinder. I think they are able to get better fuel atomization for they run higher fuel pressure and the injector is able benefit from that when doing direct cylinder injection. They are able to reduce the emissions of the engine and also increase fuel efficency and increase high power output as well.

I've also read about how they are also able to get rid of pumping losses by not using any throttle plates and using the fuel and injection timings to adjust to varying load conditions. No expert on this, just some things I've read about it is all.
Old 02-09-2007 | 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

There's actually cars on the street now that are direct injection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_in...rect_injection
Old 02-09-2007 | 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ted J
If I'm not mistaken that's the next step in technolgy for fuel injection, to do direct injection into the cylinder. I think they are able to get better fuel atomization for they run higher fuel pressure and the injector is able benefit from that when doing direct cylinder injection. They are able to reduce the emissions of the engine and also increase fuel efficency and increase high power output as well.

I've also read about how they are also able to get rid of pumping losses by not using any throttle plates and using the fuel and injection timings to adjust to varying load conditions. No expert on this, just some things I've read about it is all.
That pretty much proves my point too. Thanks for bringing that up.

If the injector is doing it's job, then atomization is taken care of. If a injector wasn't completely and optimally doing it's job, then I doubt direct injection would be beneficial/possible. According to some of you, the fuel would still need to be further atomized by the rough surface of the cylinder wall. That simply isn't the case and direct injection proves it.

Last edited by Xtnct00WS6; 02-09-2007 at 11:22 AM.

Quick Reply: CNC track lines on intake runner