Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out with the Camaro....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam question, sorry not trying to hijack

seems like a few of you guys are pretty experienced with the cam issues, i read the whole cam info page yesterday and couldnt make heads or tails out of it My question is for a stock 01 SS what would be the best choice for a cam with no other mods? its a d/d and i want more HP or as much as i can get without modding a bunch of other stuff like intake and exhaust, however would be willing to get it tuned after a cam install.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned

Don't expect that supercharger to pull very hard either.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hhidyhoneighbor
seems like a few of you guys are pretty experienced with the cam issues, i read the whole cam info page yesterday and couldnt make heads or tails out of it My question is for a stock 01 SS what would be the best choice for a cam with no other mods? its a d/d and i want more HP or as much as i can get without modding a bunch of other stuff like intake and exhaust, however would be willing to get it tuned after a cam install.
There is no reason to do a cam with no other mods, in fact its strait up retarded.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are cams out there that are designed for exactly that. TR's cheatr for example. edit: just looked it up. that is the exact cam he was running, and in combination with the AFR heads, I bet he was running about 415-425 to the wheels. I agree with the fact that if he bolted the ATI on this car it would give him the pull he was looking for and save him some money. B ut if he has the opportunity to get a vette and put a blower on it, I don't blame him in the least. I would too!!!

Last edited by Stang's Bane; 05-10-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea im with almost everyone else who replied, you should wait a minute and finish your setup. the reason why your not satisfied with your camaro is because your only 90% done. complete the last few steps and it will be like a different car. look into a new cam 230ish duration or bigger, fast intake and 90 mm tb and damn i hope you have headers on that car already if not
Old 05-10-2006, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

The Z06 is a great world class sports car but if he's just looking to "pull" like a supra it would be much more cost effective to do a nice forged LS based motor and procharge that on the Camaro. No mention was made as to handling being a priority. Hell if you want the feel of an 800hp supra why not just get a damn Supra?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can't compare an F-body, I've never been in one, but you will love the way the Z06 handles. Once you get used to how far you can push the car you will be amazed (handling wise). BTW, I would transfer those AFR's to the Z06, people are running those with a blower cam with great results.