Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Perf. Heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot Perf. Heads

I was just reading a post from August about the prices dropping, i was wondering if anybody could tell me about them, wether they are any good, what kind of power i can get from like the LS6style stage 2 heads(or 3, don't know too much about this stuff..3 sounds like it would be better, but would i be able to run these on an all stock motor).. how do you match up the right cam to heads? someone please hit me with some information.. any info even by telling me what the best combinations would be will help!!
thanks alot
sean
Old 02-26-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

With a set of almost 3yr old "stage 2" 6 liters, I was making 428rwhp/405rwtq with slp loudmouth exhaust, long tunes + no cats, and LS6 intake Shortblock gave up after nitrous and FAST 90 mods though
Old 02-26-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
With a set of almost 3yr old "stage 2" 6 liters, I was making 428rwhp/405rwtq with slp loudmouth exhaust, long tunes + no cats, and LS6 intake Shortblock gave up after nitrous and FAST 90 mods though
What kind of cam was that with?
Old 02-26-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

224/ 0.581/ 112.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
your car A4 or M6
Old 02-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Id like to give these head praise, but my dyno #'s arent so hot and if you read to the end of this thread of mine on zo6vette.com and take a gander at the pics there you may want to reconsider.

I feel bad doing this as I know Gunnar is a stand up guy, and the customer service is great, but after consuming 8 quarts of oil in 6k miles, and changing the seals, valley cover and adding a catch can only to find a pea sized hole in my intake runner which could only come from overly aggressive porting I feel the need to voice this.

http://zo6vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94176
Old 02-27-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Importdestroyer
Id like to give these head praise, but my dyno #'s arent so hot and if you read to the end of this thread of mine on zo6vette.com and take a gander at the pics there you may want to reconsider.

I feel bad doing this as I know Gunnar is a stand up guy, and the customer service is great, but after consuming 8 quarts of oil in 6k miles, and changing the seals, valley cover and adding a catch can only to find a pea sized hole in my intake runner which could only come from overly aggressive porting I feel the need to voice this.

http://zo6vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94176

How has the JB Weld held up? You didn't pull the head to do that? How can the metal of the intake just dissappear/be rubbed away like that just from being used in the engine cause I'm sure you didn't put the heads in with a hole in them right?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
How has the JB Weld held up? You didn't pull the head to do that? How can the metal of the intake just dissappear/be rubbed away like that just from being used in the engine cause I'm sure you didn't put the heads in with a hole in them right?
The metal dissapears when the intake runner is overly ported, by hand I presume. I didnt do the inital install of the heads, A&A corvette did, I dont know how they didnt see that hole. And Im glad I had the ***** to do my own cam swap, as Im willing to bet them or another shop wouldve missed it again.

Thing is, I paid them to change my valve seals with viton ones (because of the oil consumption, I tried everything), so they had my valve covers off not once but twice, and they didnt see that hole both times, I saw the hole right away.

Andy himself is a great guy and knows his stuff, but some of the mechanics there either rush or just dont have attention to detail sometimes I guess. Its like that with almost every shop, the owner is very knowledgeable, same cant be said for the guys doing the actual wrenching.

I am doing my own work from now on, will be swapping my heads with a set of ETP's when I get the $ to do so.

JB weld is great for **** like this, Im sure it has held up fine.

Last edited by Importdestroyer; 03-12-2006 at 03:20 PM.