Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PP ls6 S2 heads vs AFR 205's

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
I can vouch for TSP PRC LS6 heads. Great budget product...Are they as good as an MTI handported Ls6 or AFR aftermarket casting probably not. It depends how much you want and are willing to part with dollar wise. If I was going to spend mega bucks I would have went with the ET performance heads. That is if I could actually get a set.
I put together an order with New Era Performance for ETP 215 heads, custom cam, ls6 intake, slp underdrive pulley, TNT wetshot, fuel pump, timing chain, rods, ect.

With everyones help here I determined for myself that an extra thousand today will save me more money tomarrow. Unfortunately, I am now realising that this $5K investment is just the beginning. After I go broke doing this I'll need to dump more money in a Transmission that'll handle this power. Then suspension upgrades. Then a roll bar/cage and all other required safety stuff to run 10's. Then a 12 bolt. By then the tranny will likely need some refreshing. Did I mention rims and tires yet?

PANDORAS BOX IS NOW OPEN

But I expect this will be a fun ride
Old 03-08-2006, 05:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darrensls1
I put together an order with New Era Performance for ETP 215 heads, custom cam, ls6 intake, slp underdrive pulley, TNT wetshot, fuel pump, timing chain, rods, ect.

With everyones help here I determined for myself that an extra thousand today will save me more money tomarrow. Unfortunately, I am now realising that this $5K investment is just the beginning. After I go broke doing this I'll need to dump more money in a Transmission that'll handle this power. Then suspension upgrades. Then a roll bar/cage and all other required safety stuff to run 10's. Then a 12 bolt. By then the tranny will likely need some refreshing. Did I mention rims and tires yet?

PANDORAS BOX IS NOW OPEN

But I expect this will be a fun ride
It never ends lol. My next mod will be a DTE rear, my stock Z06 rear is howling progressively louder and I suspect some bad carrier bearings.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AKRA
Those are the numbers from my stock LS1 heads. Let me see the numbers from the flow of your stock heads. I'm showing actual results. You are the one talking B.S.

This is a post talking about buying buget heads verses buy good heads. Im just leting everyone know the experiance I had going the buget rought.

After hering what I went though and you buy the cheap heads anyway, don't cry to loud if two years later you are spending a few more thawsand dollars for the same thing you have already paid for once.

Good luck!

Al
Calm down. Please read my post again if you think I was saying anything negative towards you. Maybe you missed the first part where I said I dont use PP products, and took my post as bashing you because I am a huge Patroit fan. Simple fact is that after 18 months in the aftermarket world anything can go bad.
Hell If I made a negative post about every FLP tranny that has gone through warrenty I would have an extra 400 posts under my name. I however understand that **** happens. FLP takes care of me and thats all I ask.

Now as far as the stock heads go.
Unless you were using a LS6 head those numbers are way off.
I could care less if you dont believe me. You are calling BS on 2 of LS1tech most experienced LS1 head guys. Make it 3 when you nclude Bo White who is a former LS1 head porter.
I have had over 20 sets of my personal heads on a flow bench locally now and the 3 stock LS1 heads I have seen were all mine. A set of 853 LS1 heads, a set of 241 LS1 heads, and a set of 5.3 heads.
So I assure you my numbers aren't BS.
Also I have seen at least 5 different stock LS1 heads flowed by sponsors. Simple fact is they dont flow that well.
Simple proof is seen by looking at the guys spending 750+ dollars for LS6 heads to put on their car. This was a popular mod back in the day when the price of ported heads was through the roof. I can assure you if stock non ported LS1 heads flowed that well then the LS6 swap would have been pointless.
Again please dont mix up what I am saying.
My post was directed at the newby's on here that might think every person who buys PP heads has a problem. This is very untrue.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darrensls1
I want to thank everyone who replied here. I decided to pull the trigger on ETP 215 heads and I'm having a custom cam made. I don't know the exact specs for the cam. I imagine it'll be something like a 228/232 114 but I'll leave that up to the experts to decide what exact specs best suits my needs for these heads, 150 wetshot and 3500 stall.

Thanks again.

BTW nice choice.
I am a ET dealer and have been very happy with their product so far.
They are making some nice products to join AFR as a top notch head company.