Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of my ET 265 Heads w/ Jesel Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 05:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Too bad they couldn't build the head higher so stock valve cover's would fit with the rocker's.I hate the spacer's
Old 03-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Too bad they couldn't build the head higher so stock valve cover's would fit with the rocker's.I hate the spacer's

The 265's require a C5R style cover. The rocker arm actualy slightly over hangs the valve cover rail. So making the rail higher will not allow you to run stock covers on that. Spacer's are not the answer on the 265's either.

On the 215-255 we have changed the casting to solve clearance issues with stock rockers, so spacers will no longer be needed.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GregP@ETPerformance
The 265's require a C5R style cover. The rocker arm actualy slightly over hangs the valve cover rail. So making the rail higher will not allow you to run stock covers on that. Spacer's are not the answer on the 265's either.
Greg, I'd like to know where to find the C5-R covers. Katech is the only place I could think of that would have them, but the covers they sell do not have the provision for the rockers nor are they tall enough. It would be nice to find someone who sells them. Thanks
Old 03-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Greg, I'd like to know where to find the C5-R covers. Katech is the only place I could think of that would have them, but the covers they sell do not have the provision for the rockers nor are they tall enough. It would be nice to find someone who sells them. Thanks

GM Performance Parts covers will fit, 12480025 is the part number for them.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:22 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by BUYAMERICAN
Intake numbers were WAY pushed to make sales me thinks.
Exhaust side looks great. No doubt, this is a very nice setup and is done right.

Mildly ported LS7 heads are looking very nice though.
I have a set of ET LS7 heads. They look GREAT! But, the only problem is that no one makes a rocker that will work, you can't get a after market fuel rail to work and injectors work work either! I would hold off on the ET LS7 heads for a while!

Hice looking set up! It should rock!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I have a set of ET LS7 heads. They look GREAT! But, the only problem is that no one makes a rocker that will work, you can't get a after market fuel rail to work and injectors work work either! I would hold off on the ET LS7 heads for a while!

I think the heads are great too.
$6k finished compared without a manifold with something that is untested.

Compared full set of LS7 ($1,500), LS7 manifold ($150), 200 tested sets after GM Racing program log books for seven years. Good for 7,100 rpm's out the box.

Or the new truck heads for that matter for smaller apps..

I just fine the whole thing very rich, untested, with problems to mitigate, no CARB number and delivery...

I think this guys appl., is going to make for a very nice drag car.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GregP@ETPerformance
GM Performance Parts covers will fit, 12480025 is the part number for them.
While those are slick covers, they ring in at almost $500 a set, then they have to be sent to Katech to have a o-ring groove cut, which is very expensive and prone to leaks because the covers were not intended to have an o-ring gasket. Then on top of that, they have absolutly no provision for anything. With all the options I want, the Nasty Performance ones will ring in around $400 and have all the provisions for oil, coils, and maybe some -AN fittings. You might want to start reccomending those before people start seeing another high dollar option to make the 265's work and vere away from them.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Every ET head I've seen on a bench to date has flow'd at or above the advertised numbers. Without knowing the flow technique used in both applications, it's hard to compare. I'm not saying your wrong, because what you say happens every day, I'm just pointing out what I've come across in many threads about these heads inparticular.

BTL FED, I sent Nate some specs and he is gunna see what he can do about "bubbling" the top area to clear the rockers.

The numbers posted are the ones provided by ET performance, I havent had the heads reflowed
Old 03-14-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

While those are slick covers, they ring in at almost $500 a set, then they have to be sent to Katech to have a o-ring groove cut, which is very expensive and prone to leaks because the covers were not intended to have an o-ring gasket. Then on top of that, they have absolutly no provision for anything. With all the options I want, the Nasty Performance ones will ring in around $400 and have all the provisions for oil, coils, and maybe some -AN fittings. You might want to start reccomending those before people start seeing another high dollar option to make the 265's work and vere away from them.
The top of my head where the valvecover sits is ringed for an o-ring, is yours? just like the C5r head
Old 03-14-2006, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Our valve covers can be modified to fit the ET heads and Jessel rockers with no big deal we have done it for a few people already.

Originally Posted by LASTLS1

We are working on this also I have a set at Harland Sharp he is working on a set of rockers for this application too.

Nate

Quick Reply: Pictures of my ET 265 Heads w/ Jesel Rockers