Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen results w/RHS or edelbrock heads?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone seen results w/RHS or edelbrock heads?

Still researching a H/C package, think I will go w/Dart 225 and futral cam(f15?).
Just wondering if anyone has seen results on the Edelbrock or RHS heads?
Just want to know whats out there-What do you guys think?
Old 03-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Banned

why would you choose a futral f15 cam to run with some ported Dart heads? that cam was developed to be run with stock cubes and stock heads. why not have a custom grind made that is more suited for your new heads and motor setup. by having the Gen 7 your tuning should be a brease and no issue at all. i'm wondering why you would run a DFI on just a heads/cam motor myself but to each his own. the F15 cam with those heads and a 6.0 will leave a LOT to be desired.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

The DFI was already in the car when I was running the 383 SBC.
I did not realize that cam was designed for stock headed vehicles. I planned on calling Futral and figuring out a nice package.
By the way have you seen Kraest's vette. His combo uses out of the box dart 225 milled .020, and futral cam (I believe f-15)-470 RWHP. I am looking to make power in this range-more if possible.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Banned

what kind of CI is Kraest running? just because someone had decent results with s a particular setup that doesn't mean that you can't make more with a better suited cam. give SIMPLEQUICK RACING a call, they're a sponsor on here, he has a TON of experience with LS1 cams and has been doing it since 98 when these bad boys came out so he has the knowledge.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
what kind of CI is Kraest running? just because someone had decent results with s a particular setup that doesn't mean that you can't make more with a better suited cam. give SIMPLEQUICK RACING a call, they're a sponsor on here, he has a TON of experience with LS1 cams and has been doing it since 98 when these bad boys came out so he has the knowledge.
I believe its a 346. By the way do you know anyone on this site that has delt w/
simplequick racing? I will check them out.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Banned

i've delt with them, several moderators on the site have delt with them (Brandon, Cyphur Trac, etc...) SQR has been dealing with the LS1 stuff as long as or longer than any shop sponsoring this site. very good guys over there.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Banned

lt1dave made over 500rwhp through a 9" with some patriot heads and custom cam in a stock lq9 short block. only mods are katech rod bolts. Might want to contact him for one of his packages