Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Camaro

Im not sure which thread to post this under but i know you guys know your stuff and two its a pretty big section. Well a buddy of mine came to me with a car that he needs sold to pay LOTS of bills. Basically im curious to what you think is a fair price and what you think i should pay. Heres the deal...
98 z28 Camaro, m6 t-56 trans
its converted SS
40k miles on the car
has a ls1 pulled out of a 01 ws6, with 19k miles on the engine.
c5 vette rims
Slp exhaust, intake
other than that everything is stock

What should i pay. Before i tell you what he is asking i looked up the KBB prices and they said for excellent condition 8,200..Good condition 7,900 and so on.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Teching In

In the market you generally don't get compensation for modifications. Many times they will actually depreciate the value of the car. With what you've given, it's hard to say. My first question would be what happened to the last engine??? If the car only has 40k on it, I'd suspect abuse. If that's the case than there's much more wear on other parts like the transmission, and rear end at the very least. In any case, the fact that the engine has been replaced will knock the price down.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Launching!

the engine was replaced because the owner at the time was neglagent (spelling) about oil and the thing froze up. I dont know what that means to anything else in the car but if i should look for anything let me know. The swap was done by a professional shop so i know they did it right. Im most likely going tomorrow to see the car (my buddy its taking pics of it for me right now and the worse part im falling in love with the pics i got so far so im hopeing its fine) However when we go for a ride tomorrow what should i be listening for, watching, feeling ect? Also i already know im not paying 9 for it exp. because like you said mods do nothing for the price plus i dont have receipts for the swap or anything.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

what should i be listening for, watching, feeling ect?
You should be feeling for it to HAUL *** cause its an LS1!!!
But anyway...you said you DO know who installed the engine? You might be able to find one around for the same price with the origional engine. If you can Id go for that. Have fun and enjoy the ride!