Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing Head Service 11* heads.....

Old 03-22-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Question Racing Head Service 11* heads.....

Hello Everyone,
I stumbled upon a post recently about RHS's come back, and their new product the Pro Elite 210/225cc 11 Degree Heads for our sexy LS1's.
Being so curious as I am, I decided to e-mail them because I couldn't find any pricing information on their heads. They do have a nice website www.racingheadservice.com. You can discover all the neat things about these heads and flow numbers, which seem to basically be the exact same as the ETP heads.
According to the e-mail I recieved back from them, here is what they had to say,

"We currently have these heads in stock and ready for immediate shipment. You can use this head with the Comp Cams pro-magnum rocker arm, or you can special order the stand that utilizes the stock rocker. You can use any common head, header and intake manifold. This particular head is designed to match up to the FAST LSX intake manifold. The 11 degree valve angle will not affect piston to valve clearance. The head also has a .500 taller valve cover rail height, so there is no need for taller/custom valve covers even with a shaft rocker. The pushrod length would need to be checked to
ensure proper geometry with aftermarket cams and any block mods. The heads have a 62cc chamber, it can be milled safely to a 38cc chamber. These heads are only offered in a bare form at this time. The price for these heads are 210cc ($1149.50ea) and 225cc ($1199.50ea.)"

I think these sound awesome, but honestly, I think the pricing seems to be a bit on the high end for BARE castings.

What are your thoughts?
Adrian
Old 03-22-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never heard of them and would be weary of buying anything without some customer provided independent flow numbers and power levels. Besides that they look like a nice product.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Alright guys, got some more info....straight from the source

RHS heads ARE manufactured by the all revered ETP. They are basically the same heads, and the great thing is they have them in stock right now! I see that SDPC also has the ETP heads in stock. So now you don't have to wait months to get them, but you can get them right away!

Best Regards,
Adrian
Old 03-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Launching!

RHS is a subsidiary of Comp Cams. I havew been trying to find more info one em as well. Ya say they are built by ETP? Are they exactly like ETPs 11* design?
Old 03-25-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Regular

Arrow

RHS is just buying bare castings from ETP and marking up the price.

I bet you could get the bare castings cheaper from ETP though, so there's not much point in buying the heads from RHS with their comp markup.

For $100 more you can buy the heads fully assembled from ETP anyway.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by USMC Devil Dog
RHS is a subsidiary of Comp Cams. I havew been trying to find more info one em as well. Ya say they are built by ETP? Are they exactly like ETPs 11* design?
They're the exact same.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

hot place to work Yikes!
Old 03-25-2006, 08:39 AM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Hell if you guys are looking for a set of 215 ETP i have a set i recived this past week.The ones i have are 62cc and have the spring upgrade good for 650 lift and they have the rocker stands to.I only have the one set other than my 255 that are going on my motor.First 2400.00 plus shipping takes the 215 and there brand new in the box.

Search this Thread