Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dart Head ISSUE FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to hear there is no problem..been waiting for the 225's for almost a month from TSP..hay John @ DART please send them some heads..
Old 03-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one is perfect. Human error thats all.
I'm not smearing anyones name at all.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Checked mine tonight, no problems here with burrs. The only problem with mine is they are still in the box and not on the car
Old 03-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Dart wants my heads back to track what happened.
We are trying to work out something.
This is a isolated issue!
Ill tell you this I will be running Dart heads on my car.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad to see everythings going good.Even better seeing how dart is handling this,customer service like that is getting harder to come by nowadays.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Crossing fingers all goes well.
I'm not looking forward to getting my car ripped apart again.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Dart is sending new heads they were supposed to be ported friday or early next week.

Also just a update the jesel rocker bolts are too long they bottom out on the rocker bosses.
We unbolted the jesels and bolted stock rocker's back on. We will be going to shaft mount when the new valve covers and heads get here .
You will need shorter bolts for the shafts to make the shaft mount rockers work.
Anyone need a set of Jesels?
Old 04-03-2006, 07:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NOT-MEE
Dart is sending new heads they were supposed to be ported friday or early next week.

Also just a update the jesel rocker bolts are too long they bottom out on the rocker bosses.
We unbolted the jesels and bolted stock rocker's back on. We will be going to shaft mount when the new valve covers and heads get here .
You will need shorter bolts for the shafts to make the shaft mount rockers work.

You say Dart is doing porting on their heads?? I thought that they were selling the heads as cast heads. I know that TSP is doing CNC porting on these heads but I was not aware that Dart was doing any.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slt200mph
You say Dart is doing porting on their heads?? I thought that they were selling the heads as cast heads. I know that TSP is doing CNC porting on these heads but I was not aware that Dart was doing any.
The heads i currently have are hand ported and finished they are also coated.
They are replacing with same. Dart doesn't do this on a normal basis.
John (@Dart) and his crew are doing everything they can to make this situation better.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

The heads i currently have are hand ported and finished they are also coated.
They are replacing with same. Dart doesn't do this on a normal basis.
John (@Dart) and his crew are doing everything they can to make this situation better.

OK I C
Old 04-03-2006, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by andereck
If you participate in automotive performance as a hobby you should be willing/required to accept some personal responsibility for the parts you install. There really is no such thing as a bolt on part. Something always needs to be tweaked. In this case the end part may get a bit of an improvement and that's good for everybody. With all of the eyes that have been on these heads though it is unfortunate that it wasn't caught at the time of installation.
I rather say it was unfortunate that it wasn't caught at the time it was to be deburred at the factory. You pay for quality, you should get quality.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mvonada
I rather say it was unfortunate that it wasn't caught at the time it was to be deburred at the factory. You pay for quality, you should get quality.

As long a human beings are involved there is a possibility for an error to happen. Good companies take care of mistakes or errors with good customer service. Nothing is perfect anywhere. Keep in mind that Rolls Royce has a warranty too. Nuff said.. ..A good job was done by Dart with way they handled this situation..
Old 04-03-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have one more complaint about the as cast Darts. The intake seat is cut roughly .050 deaper than the exhaust seat leaving a very sharp edge for intake air/fuel mixture to cross over at low valve lifts. Dart should use a rounded outer edge seat cutter to clean up this area during manufacturing. While visiting my local Summit store I inspected other heads on display that had their seats cut using a rounded outer edge seat cutter during manufacturing. I am sure Dart's future CNC program will clean up this area but until then Dart needs to use a rounded outer edge seat cutter.

Last edited by gollum; 04-03-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also called Dart and ask what was the free drop of 205's @TDC on the intake valve using OEM gaskets. He simply did not know

TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T ALREADY KNOW

Last edited by gollum; 04-03-2006 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gollum
I also called Dart and ask what was the free drop @TDC on the intake valve using OEM gaskets. He simply did not know

TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T ALREADY KNOW
With the 205's or the 225's?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Are you not planning on going to the Jesels? Also, did you need to grind out the pushrod hole to make the Jesels work? I would be interested in what is involved to get the Jesels on these heads.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vettenuts
With the 205's or the 225's?
What is the free drop for 205's and 225's?
Old 04-03-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

If I understand correctly, you are looking for the distance the valve moves from closed to piston contact with the piston at TDC, is this correct? The reason I asked is the the intake valve is a different size between the two heads.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Are you not planning on going to the Jesels? Also, did you need to grind out the pushrod hole to make the Jesels work? I would be interested in what is involved to get the Jesels on these heads.
We had to clearance the rocker guide .050 where the valve cover boss's are.
You wil need shorter bolts for the shafts. The stock Ls1 head jesel kit the shaft bolts go thru the rocker guide. I'm calling Jesel tomorrow to find some part numbers and see what i can come up with.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Teching In

I also called Dart and ask what was the free drop of 205's @TDC on the intake valve using OEM gaskets. He simply did not know
You're right, we don't bother measuring that on any of our heads. It's not a measurement that is requested by engine builders.