Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattling sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling sound

Lately I've been noticing that if I'm in too high a gear, or not in the power band yet, when I give it gas and the engine sort of bogs down there is a rattling sound coming from the engine compartment. I don't hear it when the engine is in the power band and actually accelerating. It's only when the motor is bogging down. A friend suggested injector(s)? Any other ideas ... I really have no idea where to start.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

I have the same problem. Kind of embarrassing. I got my dad to take off slow a few times with me standing outside but all I could tell was it was coming from under the hood. Maybe the exhaust rattling, cats? Hope someone has an answer.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chad02SS
I have the same problem. Kind of embarrassing. I got my dad to take off slow a few times with me standing outside but all I could tell was it was coming from under the hood. Maybe the exhaust rattling, cats? Hope someone has an answer.

Oh god I hope its not my cats
Old 03-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FstBlkz28
I feel the same way. I have only had mine for 2 years.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

they shouldnt be there anyway!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

hey jp......are you sure its not "pinging"....thats what my car used to do.....if you are under a load (in a high gear and hit the gas) and it makes that noise its "pinging"....i ran some octane booster through mine and some fuel injector cleaner and it helped for the time being.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1powerhouse02
hey jp......are you sure its not "pinging"....thats what my car used to do.....if you are under a load (in a high gear and hit the gas) and it makes that noise its "pinging"....i ran some octane booster through mine and some fuel injector cleaner and it helped for the time being.
It could be pinging, that had crossed my mind but I've never really heard a car ping before ... so I wasn't sure exactly what it sounded like. I guess I can try some octane booster ... or just stop purposely making the car make the sound
Old 03-27-2006, 08:16 AM
12 Second Club

It could be pinging, that had crossed my mind but I've never really heard a car ping before ... so I wasn't sure exactly what it sounded like. I guess I can try some octane booster ... or just stop purposely making the car make the sound
haha yah i do the same thing too sometimes! Just keep your foot in it and keep the car above 3,000rpms constantly and you won't hear it at all! If you want to i can't take you for a ride in my car and you can listen to see if its the same thing. (mine still does it under a load).

BTW....i didn't even realize i posted that up last night....lets just say i wasn't in my right state of mind last night . Then i log on this morning and see this!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1powerhouse02
haha yah i do the same thing too sometimes! Just keep your foot in it and keep the car above 3,000rpms constantly and you won't hear it at all! If you want to i can't take you for a ride in my car and you can listen to see if its the same thing. (mine still does it under a load).

BTW....i didn't even realize i posted that up last night....lets just say i wasn't in my right state of mind last night . Then i log on this morning and see this!
Alright, sounds good ... we can do it when you give me my LCA's back
Old 03-27-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

i had the same pinging issue and i to thought it was rattleing or sumthin loose it wound up being the gas station i was useing it was 93 octane but shitty station i tried octane booster injector cleaner they didnt hel even a little i switched to sunoco 93 and i havent heard it sense. they noise was when u were around 1600rpms down low and u would sorta blip the gas or just touch it to move and it would go cling cling clank and be gone again. also did it up high for me to but i didnt notice that right away