Sponsored by:

Cam for my 2000 T/a

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam for my 2000 T/a

Hey guys,
Ive been searching around lately, and I am still clueless on what cam to get.

My goal is somewhere around 400hp but i will be more than happy with ~380

My mods are:
Lid, LT's ORY and Borla. HP Tuned.

I want to do a cam, but no heads yet. I will eventually have the money for the heads, but im trying to do this on a budget.

The car is daily driven and I want to have a little more fun on the street.

I was thinking about the TSP Magic Stick V.3
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=175&catid=49

What else would i need to install this? I know there is a special too for cams on this motor. Myself and a few gearhead friends will be doing the install.

What do you guys think? What else will i need? And how does this cam compare to say the F13 or F14 for a N/A motor? Do I need double springs or can i get away with Comp 918's? Where do you guys buy your cams, im looking for the best quality for the best price. Any recommendations are welcome and I appreciate you guys takin a look at this for me.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

magic stick should get you there. F13 on a 112 would be close too...comp 918s will work with it.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Magic Stick!!!!!!!!

I AM ON THAT SAME BUDGET!I DID MY CAM SWAP LAST SUMMER & LOVE THE MS 3,I WENT WITH THE CAM KIT ,CAM PUSH RODS,SPRING SET .IT LOPES LIKE A PRO STOCK & PULLS AS HARD IN 4TH AS 1ST!!!!!! WANTSUM 410 '72SS CAMARO LS1,BUILT 6SPD,DENNY'S N/S,LCKR & 4:11'S,MSR AXLES,LS6 INT,P&P TB,SLP U/D,MACS INTO 3" DR. GAS X ,FLOWS,RAM BILLET F/W & HD CLUTCH.12.5'S ON STREET TIRES WITH CAM ONLY BEFORE ANY OTHER BOLT ONS!!JUST FINISHED REAR NEW TIMES COMING ON ET STREETS!!!!!! ALL MY LIFTERS WOULD NOT STAY UP SO WE USED PIN MAGNETS FROM O'RIELLY'S,THEY ARE A LIL BIGGER THAN NORM & HOLD GOOD!I REC TIME CH UPGRADE & OIL PUMP IF YOU CAN WHILE YOUR THERE.THE CRANE VALVE SPRING TOOL IS A MUST!!IT WORKS GREAT!!!!