Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few possibly dumb Qs

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few possibly dumb Qs

I known next to nothing when it comes to internal engine stuff. What Id like to know is do most cams require new heads? I realize that big cams require new heads, but what about average cams?
Im not looking to do a mild cam nor a huge one. Id like to stay in the middle somewhere.

If I stick with stock heads do I need new rockers and springs? Any info provided will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ecko70
I known next to nothing when it comes to internal engine stuff. What Id like to know is do most cams require new heads? I realize that big cams require new heads, but what about average cams?
Im not looking to do a mild cam nor a huge one. Id like to stay in the middle somewhere.

If I stick with stock heads do I need new rockers and springs? Any info provided will be greatly appreciated.
Require new heads? No. But you may want them as you get more aggressive on the profile.
Staying with stock heads you don't HAVE to change the rockers and springs, but if you want more RPM capability you'll probably want new spring, retainers and lighter pushrods.

General question, general answer I guess!
Old 03-31-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will need to replace the stock springs an it would be wise to change pushrods also on any of the aftermaket camshafts.