Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stumbling at idle on stock LQ9 is this common?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stumbling at idle on stock LQ9 is this common?

Ok well I have had my 03 Silverado SS for about 4 months. I bought it used with 9,000 miles on it. Since a few days after I have owned it it has had a stumbling at idle issue were you can feel it shaking the truck. Its not a lope like a cam because it isnt a constant pattern. It comes and goes in intensity and only does it when the truck is hot(coolant temp at 210). It has been to the dealership probably 10 times in the last 4 months and after much going back and forth and having a Area Service Manager from GM come out they say it is normal. Their reasoning for it being normal is they had a 05 Silverado SS on the lot that they checked that supposidly did the same thing. According to the guys at the dealer ship this is a 6.0 liter issue. I have a friend with a 05 SS and he does not have this problem. Anyone else experience this kind of problem?

The truck has zero misfires, they replaced the intake manifold gasket thinking it may have been the problem but it wasnt, the truck is 100% bone stock, I only run 93 octane gas in the truck, plugs and wires were changed with no effect.

I have hooked it up to a scan tool and the L-Trims usually float around 5 or 6 on both banks and goes up to 10 or 12 at times. Anyone know what the L-Trims are suppose to be on say a Silverado SS at idle or anybody with a VHO?

Im at a loss for how to fix this. GMs position is that its not a problem but its annoying as hell. It just doesnt seem right that a vehicle that costs almost $40K would have this problem. I kind of get the vibe from the service people that they just want me to go away. Im going to pick my truck up today from the dealership and sit in this Silverado SS the dealer has on the lot to see if it does the same thing. If all else fails I might drive my buddies SS up to the dealer to show them that its not normal.

Quick Reply: Stumbling at idle on stock LQ9 is this common?