Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backpressure issues, what's next???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Backpressure issues, what's next???

What do you think the next step should be on my setup?
Heads/Cam or Intake/Throttle Body?

Car:
2000 SS
Edelbrock Victor Series Headers
Custom dual 3" exhaust dumped
SLP Lid

I want to eventually put a Procharger on the car, and will probably get a lot of internal engine work done. I'm shooting for around 600HP or so, but this is way down the line. I obviously don't have much done, and yes I know that this exhaust was way overkill for what I currently have. But I refuse to buy something I know I'll replace later, with in reason .

I've read all of the FAQ's on Cam's and believe I have a better idea of the "overall workings" of them, but I'm really not sure what would be a good Heads/Cam setup for me if I wanted to put a Procharger on my car.

I'm assuming there are better setups specifically for forced induction that I should go with, but would those setups run "okay" without the forced induction until I can afford it and would they run okay with the current compression of the car? The Heads are something I've come to realize I'll have to replace if I redo the engine to lower the compression (unless I'm just plain wrong, feel free to correct me) .

FYI: I know that this is not the next "best" modification as I don't have any suspension components or a good rear end. That will have to be something I look at soon, but this is just for future knowledge.

Last edited by Quatney; 04-12-2006 at 08:46 AM.