Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any bad F14's out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 05:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the majority of us know that the F13's during this time are bad, but im starting to think that its not limited to just the F13 and that other cams that cam motion have ground have been bad during this time...i only have afew days before i leave, but when i get back ill have to pull the cam to see what i got...maybe ill pull it the day before i leave to see and if its bad just send it back that day....so when i get back ill have a new cam already sitting here ready for install...anyhow, thanks for the responces so far...

Jon
Old 04-26-2006, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wicked_Hugger99
SUX2BU, so your saying i may be showing no signs at all and still have a cam in there thats chewing up lifters and what not right?? i guess i should pull the intake and valley cover and check out the first 2 or 3 lifters and lobes just to be on the safe side cuz ya never know.
SSheets, even though this post is mainly asking about f14s the generally topic is still focused towards bad cams right??? SUX2BU's response to my question was helpful and got me Im not knockin you or anything, just my point of view for what its worth.
Yeah i installed an F14 on a friends car and it had the fine tooling marks too. i'm hopin its not messin up his car. i might pull it for free just to make sure.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

F14 was installed in my Z06 back in December. It is still doing fine as Allan checked it out when I had my heads installed.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Teching In

During what time frame were the cams bad. Is there a way of telling if you are buying a cam from someone, if it was from the bad batch?