Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve spring compressor

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Valve spring compressor

My heads are loaded, but I'm going to need to measure PtoV so I'll be taking off at least one intake and one exhaust. What spring compressor should I get just to use for setup?

I suppose I'll be changing springs in a few years, but it's is a very low mileage non daily car.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Its a bigger investment up front, but for later changes there is no comparison to the Crane/VHP spring compressor. Especially for an f-body where access to the back springs is a bear. It does two at a time and you can set it up on the head with minimum effort. Vinci High Performance has them. This is one of the better tools I have in my tool box.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, what he said. Hands down the best tool on the planet for the job. You will find homemade spring tools for 1/3 the money as well but its something you can make yourself for less than $15 and its as primitive as it gets but it does work. Its a personal choice issue. Some people like real and nice tools, some people dont. Also what is your time worth? I'll do a spring swap in less than half the time someone with a homemade version will do it in. Also other versions put stress on the rocker bolt holes and threads that the Crane doesnt.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would use the crane tool or the MORE tool you can get both from thunder racing.