Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAMN LS2 cam position sensor!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 02:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have no tach then the problem is the CKP not the CMP.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Is the CKP the crank position sensor? And also mine when it starts will back fire then turn the key off and do it again and it will start up. Does that sound like my crank sensor or can sensor. And I also lost my tach to
Old 03-26-2013, 01:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IMPRTKILLER
Is the CKP the crank position sensor? And also mine when it starts will back fire then turn the key off and do it again and it will start up. Does that sound like my crank sensor or can sensor. And I also lost my tach to
Sounds like a cam sensor, or wiring to the cam sensor, problem to me. It's back firing because the pcm can't tell if it needs to fire the plug or wait 180 more degrees. If it fires 180 out the pcm will detect the misfire and fire at the right time on the next try.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Orange Peel
Jason, you are the man!!! I got the '05 sprocket like you said, put it in tonight and it fires right up, got the tach working again and things are PERFECT!!! I swapped the wires back to how they came on the Racetronix cam sensor harness and it's awesome!!!

I left sponsor feedback for you guys, you REALLY know you stuff dude, and I thank you for taking the time to help me out!!!
Its good to actually know some people on here actually know what they are talking about sometimes.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Teching In

I'm having the same problem as schwarzer 02 ta ls1 getting cam sensor low voltage code hard starts or no start with backfires usually starts 3rd try, tach randomly drops off line while driving. Any ideas.

Quick Reply: DAMN LS2 cam position sensor!!!!!!!