Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are the Dart heads worth the extra money?
YES-Dart's are much better!
45.02%
NO-PRC LS6 CNC heads are good enough!
54.98%
Voters: 331. You may not vote on this poll

Are Darts worth $600 more than TSP's LS6 heads?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EvoByDarwin
So a year later and what ever happened to that head dyno shootout we were promised?
Find you the latest Engine Masters magazine. Its in there. Darts, AFR's, TFS, Edelbrock CNC, Livernois State 3's, and one other set I believe.

Darts made power the longest and were the heads with the least amount of work and had the lowest flow. I have read claims of TFS making 50hp over AFR's and this test definitely showed that was not the case. 5 hp was all they saw on the test mule. Seems like TFS is attempting to blindfold the audience with those bogus claims. The magazine also points out the stuff that TFS has over the AFR's doesnt give them all that much help. They go on to mention that a bigger valve will net more. And also that the valve angle plays a role too. And for all that they only were making 5hp more tested on the same cam as everyone else. Something else that stuck out to me was the fact that the TFS heads peaked sooner. These were also a HIGHLY worked set of heads according to the text. Go find you the magazine and read it yourself folks. My take is the AFR's then go Darts. Darts have a lot of room for improvement with the hands of the right porter thats for sure.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:09 AM
dug
Banned

Originally Posted by Alt
So then I've gathered that Dart heads really are better than the TSP heads in question?
Thats a good question. The TSP's can handle more lift out of the box. Which is important if you want to run a cam with LSK lobes.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dug
Thats a good question. The TSP's can handle more lift out of the box. Which is important if you want to run a cam with LSK lobes.
Thats nothing a spring swap cant take care of. The TFS heads actually come with the best spring on the market...Source those for your set of Darts and you've got a runner on your hands.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:25 AM
dug
Banned

true dat but thats more money being spent.

Quick Reply: Are Darts worth $600 more than TSP's LS6 heads?