Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newb on heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default newb on heads

Just got some stock heads so they can get worked. I am new on getting heads on a car or getting them worked, so any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated. I found a guy who has a great repetation for head work (does not have a flow bench). The question is, if I let him do the work, what all would I have to supply him, so that I can get it from him, and put it straight on my car, and maybe where are the best places to start looking. I know every person is different on their work, but could his work be comparable to buying heads from like Patriot or MTI just without the warranty. I already have my cam which is 224. If someone just point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ohsofast
Just got some stock heads so they can get worked. I am new on getting heads on a car or getting them worked, so any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated. I found a guy who has a great repetation for head work (does not have a flow bench). The question is, if I let him do the work, what all would I have to supply him, so that I can get it from him, and put it straight on my car, and maybe where are the best places to start looking. I know every person is different on their work, but could his work be comparable to buying heads from like Patriot or MTI just without the warranty. I already have my cam which is 224. If someone just point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
What is the casting number?

With a 224, I would try to keep as small an intake runner as possible while maximising flow. This is to maintain velocity.
You could send those to TEA for a Stage 1 porting. Should be below $1000.

Or contact Gunnar at Patriot and see what he can do for you.