Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just In ! Patriot Ls6 heads! pics..flow #'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Glad you believe that, ETP is a good company no doubt...but dont be suprised if you dont find that extra 20rwhp over these Patriot heads.
And don't you be shocked when I do find those extra ponies and "get what I paid for".

Which is of course the best. Patriots/PRC's are called budget heads for a reason
Old 06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darrensls1
And don't you be shocked when I do find those extra ponies and "get what I paid for".

Which is of course the best. Patriots/PRC's are called budget heads for a reason
Post up those numbers when ya get em. I just dont believe my car would have made more than the 450rwhp im making now with a set of AFRs or ETs...
Old 06-19-2006, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Post up those numbers when ya get em. I just dont believe my car would have made more than the 450rwhp im making now with a set of AFRs or ETs...
My numbers (when I do get them) will not be applicable to this discussion. Two different cars with two different setups. What you really need to do is find someone who used to have Patriot/PRC heads and then swapped out for AFR/ETP. That would be the true test for proving why the big dollar heads are worth the extra cash.

Because if AFR or ETP couldn't perform any better then heads half thier price then wouldn't they have been run out of business long ago? Think about it.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darrensls1

I have to agree with this statement. Aftermarket castings are much more capable of higher flow numbers/better velocity than stock castings. All the budget heads seem to be doing really well and they have their place in the market, but from seeing the different ports, the aftermarket ports are designed with more flow in mind than stockers. In my opinion, material would need to be added to the intake ports (specifically behind the valve guide toward the bowl) of the GM castings to be on par with the AFR/ETP's. At that point, you might as well buy an aftermarket casting. I think of it kind of like how we start with a 5.7 and mustangs start with a 4.6. It's a better platform to start with and it's capable of more

Quick Reply: Just In ! Patriot Ls6 heads! pics..flow #'s