Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Darts just went up at jegs...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike00FRC
Just got mine a couple days ago from Summit and they have the beehive springs/ti retainers... so I imaging the rest of the improvements are there.

Mike
I appreciate the response. I wanted to order tonight from Summit with that rebate deal they have. That is why I was asking. Did they get drop shipped from Dart, or they came from Summit direct? How long did it take to ship? Normal, or longer like a special order item? I am trying to figure out how they are still doing this special price thing if it is for the new head components and not some old stock left in the warehouse.
Thanks agian,

Mike
Old 05-23-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Shipping took only a couple days from the time of order. Dont have the shipping receipt, so I dont know if they were drop-shipped or not. I checked my e-mails from summit...
Ordered on 5/6 Saturday
Shipped on 5/8 Monday
Delivered sometime that week.

From the UPS.com shipping information, the package was first scanned in Middleburg Heights, OH. Darts located in Michigan and Summit has one of three warehouses in Tallmadge, OH so I would imaging it came directly from Summit rather than Dart.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike00FRC
Shipping took only a couple days from the time of order. Dont have the shipping receipt, so I dont know if they were drop-shipped or not. I checked my e-mails from summit...
Ordered on 5/6 Saturday
Shipped on 5/8 Monday
Delivered sometime that week.

From the UPS.com shipping information, the package was first scanned in Middleburg Heights, OH. Darts located in Michigan and Summit has one of three warehouses in Tallmadge, OH so I would imaging it came directly from Summit rather than Dart.
I appreciate the info. I called Jegs and they have 15 sets on back order. So I know it would be fresh from Dart. Maybe Ill take the chance and get a set from Summit and hope that I get the new updated ones.
Thanks again,

Mike
Old 05-23-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Anybody heard if this issue presented by Jason at TSP has been corrected with the Dart heads?
I got mine from Summit. Had them on for about 600 miles now. Absolutley no smokeing issues. Put the numbers down in my sig. Couldn't be more pleased with them
Old 05-23-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I called Dart today and spoke with one of the Techs and I inquired about how I could determine whether or not my Dart 205's had "all the goodies". He told me that as far as he new none of the heads were shipped without the Titanium retainers, smaller valve stems, different valve guide seals, etc. He didn't really sound too sure of himself, though, so I'm still wondering. I offered to give the number stamped on the end of the head to help verify whether or not mine were "good", but he didn't really seem that enthused about taking them. I've also got what looks like a date code cast into one of my heads, but again, he didn't seem to know what it meant. There's one gentleman on here that recieved some Darts prior to me (Vettenuts) and he's got the "good" heads, maybe he can chime in and enlighten us.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gearhead1
I called Dart today and spoke with one of the Techs and I inquired about how I could determine whether or not my Dart 205's had "all the goodies". He told me that as far as he new none of the heads were shipped without the Titanium retainers, smaller valve stems, different valve guide seals, etc. He didn't really sound too sure of himself, though, so I'm still wondering. I offered to give the number stamped on the end of the head to help verify whether or not mine were "good", but he didn't really seem that enthused about taking them. I've also got what looks like a date code cast into one of my heads, but again, he didn't seem to know what it meant. There's one gentleman on here that recieved some Darts prior to me (Vettenuts) and he's got the "good" heads, maybe he can chime in and enlighten us.
Yeah if we can keep this post going to get more info that would help out a lot of people interested. Do you have the "Beehive" spring set in yours? I would imagine the titanium retainers would be a shiney silver in color also. The older ones I think were made out of a black colored metal, not sure what they were.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

I received my heads on april 11 from jegs they look like beehive springs going to machine shop on thursday for clean up will know more then. Will have flow numbers next week some time booth ways as cast and cleanup will post results.Summit had them on order since feb 23 never got them happened to watch dart guys ship date call jegs had one set took them no wait
Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SREawFSR
Yeah if we can keep this post going to get more info that would help out a lot of people interested. Do you have the "Beehive" spring set in yours? I would imagine the titanium retainers would be a shiney silver in color also. The older ones I think were made out of a black colored metal, not sure what they were.
Yes, my retainers are shiny, (that's good, right?? ) the locks are black oxide coated, and the valve stem seals are a greenish/aqua colored with a spring retainer around them. I wish I could get a small 8mm wrench between the springs to give me a rough estimate of the diameter of the valve stems. Right now I don't have a spring compressor for beehives to measure them the correct way. Also, while I'm thinking of it, has anybody cc'd the 205's to see how close they are to the advertised chamber size of 62cc's?? It sure would help me determine what head gasket thickness (among other things) to run.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Yep, mine are still in boxes along with cam and other crap, waiting for some free time to install them. Of course the heat and humidity here in Dallas makes me want to wait til it turns cooler again.

Shahram
Old 05-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Ok, I have some good info on this topic. Here is the PM that I sent to John.
It seems like all the heads have the upgraded parts. John says they improved them while in the testing phases at Dart. I orderd a set of 225s this morning from Summit. In stock will have them in 2 days. Cant wait. I will post my dyno results when I finish my motor build. It will be at least 2-3 weeks before I have the results. Thanks guys for the posts. I will also post pics of my Dart 225s when I receive them in a couple of days. If anyone else wants to post pics to compare please do.

Originally Posted by SREawFSR
"I see that you posted the parts for the assembled price of the dart pro ls1 head have changed. If I order a set from Jegs, or Summit will I get the new upgraded parts, or the old? Are these stocked on the shelf normally, or drop shipped from Dart. BTW I am asking you this because I saw you use the term "we" when refering to the Dart company. I am assuming that you work for Dart. Thanks if you can help in any way."

Mike

Mike,

"They changed before the heads ever hit the market, we havent changed them since. The changes involved design changes, going from the original idea of using our existing 11/32 valves, and guides to using 8mm guides and valves. 8mm being stock was a better fit for the heads, so we changed them right away, we always have used the high end PSI beehive springs, and the titanium retainers."

Thanks
John
Old 05-24-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

205 from Summit

Old 05-25-2006, 05:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't believe Dart has changed the head, just the pricing as a result of what DART331 stated earlier. I bought mine in December from TSP because I had been looking at new titanium retainers for another set of springs I have and found out that titanium had gone way up. I figured the heads would not be far behind.

This valve train is light light light. From the top of my head, the springs are 68 grams, the retainers are 6.6 grams and locks are 2 grams. The intake valve was 98 grams, and the stock one is 1.1 grams. So the larger valve is actually lighter.

You can tell you have the PSI springs by their color, they are a beehive design and a lighter color with sort of a light goldish hue. Hard to explain and I am not good with colors, but the photo in the previous post is the real deal. As long as your lift isn't more than these springs can handle, they will run to go RPM. Seat pressures are on the order of 140 lbs and they are stiffer than the Comp 918's so valve control is excellent. I was blown away with the parts quality that was used on these heads, so a minor price increase in my mind still makes these a bargain.