Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

patriot performance LQ9 heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question patriot performance LQ9 heads

I was going to run the Patriot performance stage 3 heads. There heads valves and the harland sharp adjustable roller rockers look really nice. I was jsut wondering if there dual valve springs are reliable. Im not sure on lift of cam yet but it will be a custom grind for a twin turbo setup. Just wonderng how these heads are and if the company is a good reliable company that would be worth going with thanx.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

Our Patriot Gold dual springs are the best on the market. They have a wonderful track record and will work with any cam up to .650" lift.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Twin dryers Hmmm, I would get good exhaust valves with that.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Twin dryers Hmmm, I would get good exhaust valves with that.

We can install a set of the Ferrea Super Alloys on the exhaust side for a very reasonable charge.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnar@Patriot
We can install a set of the Ferrea Super Alloys on the exhaust side for a very reasonable charge.
Yeah that is what I meant
Old 05-22-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea i was looking to instal Ferra valves in the exhaust and intake
Old 05-22-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was just wondering if the jesel rocker arms for stock ls1 heads and for a hydraulic roller cam would work with the patriot stage 3 heads. also which hydralic lifters, and pushrods would hold up to a tin turbo 800 horsepower car. thanx

Trending Topics

Old 05-23-2006, 08:52 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by z28adiction
Yea i was looking to instal Ferra valves in the exhaust and intake
All of our heads come standard with Ferrea 6000 series. The exhaust valve we were talking about was a Ferrea super alloy that is an excellent choice on the exhaust side of a turbo setup.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Dual gold springs best on the market for cams up to .650 lift"
No argument here Gunnar, but opinions vary, and you are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. I wouldn't say best, but they are pretty good. Anyways have a good 921 day. Maybe you meant best for the cost?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
No argument here Gunnar, but opinions vary, and you are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. I wouldn't say best, but they are pretty good. Anyways have a good 921 day. Maybe you meant best for the cost?

Dude in all due respect what would you know about the Dual Gold Springs??? Or any Super Clean High-Silicate wire spring for that matter. Have you ever owned a set? Not to be a dick but you are spamming threads with your LG cheer-leading... I use LG products also, but I don't jump in other vendor's threads bashing their products... especially when I have NO experience with them...

Last edited by SideStep; 05-23-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:58 PM
FormerVendor

Our opinion is based on facts.

Fact 1: We have sold several thousands of these spring kits to customers who have had great success.

Fact 2: Since our introduction of this spring, it is now used by many of our competitors. If this spring was not the best on the market, they would not have followed our lead.

Fact 3: As we mentioned in one of the other threads that has been trolled by you, we contacted LG about their claims. We were told that a Patriot product has not been in their shop in over 3 years, keep in mind that our Gold spring has been out for 2.5 years. We did leave a voice mail for Lou and have not heard back. It is possible that your and other people's opinions are based on knowledge of previous parts that have been replaced.

Fact 4: With spring sales reaching record levels, (25 sets yesterday), it appears that the knowledgeable public knows that these are the best on the market.

We ask that if you have any of our products that you have had an issue with, contact us directly. Our email and phone information is listed in our signature.

Thank you
Old 05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

McDonalds sells billions of burgers, at an affordable price, it doesn't mean they are the best. It just means lots of people can afford to buy them. Again for those who can't read, I never said that Patriot products suck, I did say they aren't the best. I also said they are the best for the price. Check into your reading comprehension. I also watched my buddies motor blow using them so I do have experience with them.
We are all allowed to voice our own opinions. Gunnars opinion is the patriot brand is the best, my opinion is different, get over it.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

i was just wondering if the jesel rocker arms for stock ls1 heads would work with the patriot stage 3 heads.

Yes, they will work fine. If you have anymore questions, please let us know.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well ive been in love with F-bodies for over 5 years and the patriot name has always been a big one when i came to love these cars. Your springs look very similiar to comp cams dual valve springs and many others. therefore they must work well if everyone is going with the same design. I have faith that your springs are of good quality considering you use very high quality valves and brand new heads to start with.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:16 PM
FormerVendor

well ive been in love with F-bodies for over 5 years and the patriot name has always been a big one when i came to love these cars. Your springs look very similiar to comp cams dual valve springs and many others. therefore they must work well if everyone is going with the same design. I have faith that your springs are of good quality considering you use very high quality valves and brand new heads to start with.

Well said.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Go ahead and spend the extra $200 for a spring that is no better. Every set of heads I send out has a patriot spring kit on them, unless the customer supplies their own. Havent heard of any of my people breaking one yet. I spin my personal car to 7K all the time and have not had a problem. Bang for the buck you cant beat them.

Brandon
Old 05-24-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

McDonalds sells billions of burgers, at an affordable price, it doesn't mean they are the best. It just means lots of people can afford to buy them. Again for those who can't read, I never said that Patriot products suck, I did say they aren't the best. I also said they are the best for the price. Check into your reading comprehension. I also watched my buddies motor blow using them so I do have experience with them.
We are all allowed to voice our own opinions. Gunnars opinion is the patriot brand is the best, my opinion is different, get over it.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:00 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

I was going to run the Patriot performance stage 3 heads. There heads valves and the harland sharp adjustable roller rockers look really nice. I was jsut wondering if there dual valve springs are reliable. Im not sure on lift of cam yet but it will be a custom grind for a twin turbo setup. Just wonderng how these heads are and if the company is a good reliable company that would be worth going with thanx.
i'm running those heads with upgraded valves from gunner. quality stuff for sure i use them springs for just about every motor i put together. oh yea i'm TT too

Last edited by Moparnos (The SLP Guy); 05-24-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanx MOPARNOS thats good to hear thanx for your input.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:44 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

whats the BEST spring then?

patriot fan here.

Quick Reply: patriot performance LQ9 heads