Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another ticking thread, a while after cam install

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another ticking thread, a while after cam install

It has been about 500 miles since I installed the TRex with patriot gold valve springs. The valve train was silent at first, but just the other day I noticed that as I accelerated I heard a ticking noise coming from under the hood. The ticking/knocking increased with the rpms. I have read tons of threads about this but very few of them seem to have answers. I hear a lot of checking for loose spark plugs and such, but im not sure if its that. My dad and I tried to isolate where the sound was coming from. It sounds like it is coming from the top of the moter, but no matter what side of the engine you listen to it sounds the same. When I first start the car up it doesnt make any sounds, but right around the time it reaches running temp, it starts to tick/knock and only when a the throttle is pushed a bit. It is not audible at idle. Any guesses?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might have a slowly-bending-over-time pushrod, or a collapsed lifter that has already or is in the process of taking a dump. That would be some of the main concerns coming from the top end. You pulled the valve covers though right? That is half the battle in valve train isolation.