Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Setup On The Way!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Setup On The Way!!!!

Hey guys. Just ordered PRC ported LS6 heads with new double roller adj. timing set, cometics, and the new MS4 cam from TSP. Should have the car up and running in about a week to two weeks. Will get some dyno numbers and let you all know how this cam is as it is a new cam that just came out. I guess I'm going to act as a guinea pig for the MS4 in daily driver
Old 06-19-2006, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice! Can't wait to see what your setup does on the dyno and at the track. Did you go with the stg. 1 heads? If so, those are the same heads I went with, but I ordered a custom grind thru a local supplier before the ms4 was released.
Let us know how it turns out!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Good luck with the new setup. I have the same heads but the torquer 2 cam but im really considering that new magic stick.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

was looking at this setup. just wondering how much it ran you. Cant wait to see the numbers.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

I got the stage 1 heads w/ CNC comp. valve job & PRC double spring kit, double roller adj. timing set, MS4 cam, Cometic heads gaskets (.045 thickness), hardened pushrods, cam gasket kit, and TSP ported LS6 oil pump. Total came out to $2,362.90 shipped to Houston area. Zach and Bryan at TSP were both very helpful. Was recommended a 4400 stall but am going with a 3800 to 4000 as the motor will be juiced. I have already installed the kit on the intake p/n 20220-10 NX Nozzle direct port kit. HPE will be doing the tune once it is all back together as I only live about 8 minute from them. Will let ya'll know the outcome and will post pics and videos in the process and when finished.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice, i'm in the same boat, and just debating over what cam to get.. Right now i'm leaning to the 235/238 .647"/.602" 112+2, even though they thought the torquer might be better for a DD... the 235-238 seems to make more power under the curve than the torquer.. ::Shrug::
Old 06-19-2006, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Yea I know what you are saying about the daily driver thing. This is the first fuel injected car I have went nuts with. All the others have been old style carbed motors. I have went as far as a .660" lift solid roller in a small block as a daily driver. I just depends on what the person can handle all the time non stop ( i.e. possible surging in auto car driving red-light to red-light and all of the loud thumpity-thump coming out of the pipes constantly).
Old 06-19-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99T/A
Yea I know what you are saying about the daily driver thing. This is the first fuel injected car I have went nuts with. All the others have been old style carbed motors. I have went as far as a .660" lift solid roller in a small block as a daily driver. I just depends on what the person can handle all the time non stop ( i.e. possible surging in auto car driving red-light to red-light and all of the loud thumpity-thump coming out of the pipes constantly).
Haha i hear that... i'll be running my cam though the stock catback(With an e-cutout) So it shouldn't be to loud around town, untill i want it to be.. The MS4 should be a wicked cam, those huge lifts from the LSK(?) lobes kinda scare me though..
Old 06-19-2006, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Zach @ TSP told me that with the .045 Cometics there won't be any PTV issues. As for the agressiveness of the lobes I guess we will find out once I get it running. I just can't wait to get it back up again. It has been down for almost 2 months now and I have been stuck driving my 96 LT1 M6 T/A. Not that it's a bad thing cuz it is a great car and the LT1's are a great motor it's just once you get into a LS1 you don't want to get out of it if ya know what I mean.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Brother....your setup is gonna rock. I cant wait to see the numbers you put down.

If you can get a sound clip of the MS4 at idle I would be forever greatfull.

Standing by to

R/

Frat
Old 06-19-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Zach @ TSP told me that with the .045 Cometics there won't be any PTV issues. As for the agressiveness of the lobes I guess we will find out once I get it running. I just can't wait to get it back up again. It has been down for almost 2 months now and I have been stuck driving my 96 LT1 M6 T/A. Not that it's a bad thing cuz it is a great car and the LT1's are a great motor it's just once you get into a LS1 you don't want to get out of it if ya know what I mean.
My car's been up on jackstands for just about the same time.. at least you've got an f-body to cruise in, i'm stuck in the good ol' jeep with 250K miles.. I think i'll be ordering the 235/238 cam on Tuesday, The LSK lobes definatly seem to bring in the power sooner for longer. I Know everyone says that you lose power down low, but having my car put down 285/299 stock, i don't think it'll be to bad..
Old 06-19-2006, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

No problem. I will post pics and vids as soon as possible. I will be a week or two before it is running. I will be sure to keep everybody posted as I am sure people are very curious about this cam. A big thanks again to Zach and Bryan @ TSP for all the help.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

I know what ya mean MSSING KID. Well the deal with mine is it was completely stock then I put a loudmouth cat back on it. Never dynoed and never ran at the track, just a lot of street races. My girlfriend bought me SLP LT's and ORY for my b-day then the rings went so I pulled the motor and trans. I figured if I was going to do it then go big and forget it. As soon as it gets done I am staring on a AFR 225 headed 418 ci motor. With this setup I am doing now I will be happy enough to take my time on the stroker.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 06-19-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-19-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

I ordered this same two weeks ago. I was told 14 days for the heads, but they had the cam. I called last Tuesday for an update and they said my order was done and shipped. Then I call again today and was told nothing shipped and they don't know why I was told that because the shipment for the cams were behind to the shop when I was originally told it was the heads that would take 14 days. HOPEFULLY everything got figured out during the discussion today and I can get this setup into the car soon.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^----- Sick looking car, killer stance/front end/wheels/graphics.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Bryan told me everything should ship by the end of the week.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
^----- Sick looking car, killer stance/front end/wheels/graphics.
Thank you if that's about me lol

Bryan told me everything should ship by the end of the week.

I was told the same thing this time, but was also told it shipped last Tuesday when it didn't. No biggie, I just want some straight and correct answers when I call about stuff I've ordered. Still looking forward to having the setup done in a couple of weeks.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Yea I know what you mean about wanting people to straight up with you. This is the first time I have dealt with TSP and so far everything has went great. I guess it is one of those things that when you spend the kind of money that we all spend on our cars you kinda deserve the respect. If I am told one thing and something goes wrong i.e. part backordered or shipment didn't come in and I won't get it on time then I understand that perfectly. It's when I spend a hunk load of money and get deliberately bullshitted when i get angry. So far Zach and Bryan @ TSP have been awesome and I hope it stays that way as I intend to use them again to buy all of the parts to build my 418 stroker when I get this combo finished.