Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$ 5000 to spend need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is what you do...

first of all....DO YOUR HOMEWORK on what mods y9ou want,. that way you only have to do it once!!!

you save about half of what you are palnning to spend..and put the other half on credit on a 0 (ZERO) % interest credit card...i get offers for em here and there...
you buy the ****, pay half off, and treat the remainig balance like a loan...but DO NOT miss payments, that way you can have your stuff NOW and at NO INTEREST!!!
***** out...thats the way to do it...I would not advice this if it is a DD, my SS is a weekend driver, so if something breaks, well it sits...
peace
Old 07-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
My suggestion is NOT buying mods with a credit card. Save your money and get mods once you have cash to pay for them. Just my 2 cents.....
I agree. Get a Nitrous kit and save some cash.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I hope you listen to me once again on this one. When I was young my first "fast" car was a 91' stealth TT. I took my credit card out at 19 years old and racked up 7k on it in mods. yes my car was faster. But you will never guess what happend. It broke! Its the nature of the beast you start putting more power to things and **** will break. And since you maxxed out your CC you have no money to fix it. Just save cash and use your CC for a day when you really need to buy something.

Thank me later,
James
Old 07-05-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000SS1979
Well, I hope you listen to me once again on this one. When I was young my first "fast" car was a 91' stealth TT. I took my credit card out at 19 years old and racked up 7k on it in mods. yes my car was faster. But you will never guess what happend. It broke! Its the nature of the beast you start putting more power to things and **** will break. And since you maxxed out your CC you have no money to fix it. Just save cash and use your CC for a day when you really need to buy something.

Thank me later,
James
thats why you save half, NEVER EVER put all on card, what if you wreck it!!
Good advice 2000SS1979, later
Old 07-05-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well, screw these guys and their financial advice... i dont know how much you make nor do i care...

if you feel like putting it on your card then so be it, more power to you!

anyway here is what i would do:

REAR END (ive would have done this first if i had the money)... you will fast learn that the stock 10 bolt SUCKS! In the event that you break your stock one after spending that 5gs (which you very probibly will) then you are 2500$ up **** creek. Plus if you have some nice gears in their you will perform better right there

HEADS + CAM not a whole lot to say about this... a nice head cam set up will get you up there with power

im not a big fan of the "nitrous is cheap so get it" theory... ive seen too many people fry a perfectly good motor on nitrous... but hey thats just me

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR NEW F-BOD!