Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

228r, AFR heads, LS7 clutch results

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
MSGHUFF look at the numbers in your sig. Isnt that what he should be expecting? OR are those fake
My heads are milled more, tighter quench, different cam, ported TB, ect ect......Like I said in my first post I think he will be closer to 415/390 but likely no less than that.

And my track times, more importantly my MPH, backs up my Dyno numbers

Last edited by MSGHUFF; 07-12-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:19 AM
10 Second Club

You dont know as much as you think you know and certainly wont admit it.
Your right have a nice day
Old 07-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Teching In

So you dont think there is a difference between a dynojet and a mustang dyno. That is what your saying. I cant help you there. There is a difference but if you dont believe it what can I say. Do some more research. All of the guys who race who saw my car on the dyno figured 11 teens.
blanco- I think your intention was good, just ruffled some feathers in the delivery and now you are catching some heat (I believe the saying is people in glass houses- (if your car is knocking that bad, doesn't sound like a great tune)). Results for diferent cars, diferent dynos, diferent tracks- it will all vary. Phils 420 expectation was inline based on his setup and previous results from his car and others with AFR heads and a similar CR- there are details of his set up that could be optimized to squeeze out more- we all understand that, but you assume that its only the tune and throw some daggers at the tuner without digesting all the facts.

Good luck getting your car fixed.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

On a simple HP calc (by no means accurate) according to your trap (108), you would be around 4100lbs weight and 403 rwhp. Something doesn't jive here or something is not right in the car.

BTW, Blanco, since you have a dyno graph then do not correct.
Just state the dyno used. Say 405/38x on mustang dyno.

Bottom line, you have some of the best parts and I'm sure you'll work the bugs out. It is definately a good power making setup.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil,
Be sure to post some numbers and track times when you get them. I've been following your build-up and may go with a similar setup.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

It was running fine and now its not so yes there is something wrong with it. No its not in the tune, I really dont think anyway. They just dont "drop" a tune for no reason with a computer doing all the managing. The dyno was on Feb 15th. It is safe to assume something could have happened from then to now.
As far as all the BS I tried to say I would expect more and he said anyone saying they had more was fantasy. Thats how I read that. So I went from there trying to prove there is more potential in that setup due to what my car did with its setup. I dont expect the numbers to be identical but I honestly think there will be more than what he stated.
Pred I use the conversion because thats what others do and its been an accepted fact. Its hard to explain the difference between dynos to some people. I'm willing to bet that on the dyno its still puts out the same number. I race from a roll without any issues. I'm in 3rd gear at the time as well. I believe what ever the trouble is lies in the take off. Maybe the clutch is feked, or the way it engages and dis-engages. Dont know but it totally sucks. My car should be in the 11's n/a and 10 on the juice. And no I'm not spraying with it not running right.
Anway good luck to Phil, I think he will be pleasantly surprised by his combo.
I had a similar setup last year as yours, same heads, but with a 224/220 and A4, same gears.
Once I was able to optimize SCR/DCR I was able to trap 122>123 and I was putting down ~429 rwhp/404 rwtrq, just to give an idea what those numbers can trap at. (dunno DA but it is sea level, ie not that high).
In brief, from worst to best 119mph>123mph
Old 07-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
I had a similar setup last year as yours, same heads, but with a 224/220 and A4, same gears.
Once I was able to optimize SCR/DCR I was able to trap 122>123 and I was putting down ~429 rwhp/404 rwtrq, just to give an idea what those numbers can trap at. (dunno DA but it is sea level, ie not that high).
In brief, from worst to best 119mph>123mph
We chatted shortly after I had dynoed Pred, I was expecting good things. I dont want to hi jack this anymore. If you have any ideas pm me. I can actually feel the car jump between Octane tables.